He shakily held his phone to his ear, feeling it vibrate in steady patterns until there was a click and he could hear her voice.

"Calm down, take a deep breath"

"Hello?"

His heart pounded at her sweet and fresh tone, almost forgetting she's expecting a reply.

"Hey are you done?" He managed to sound out, breaking out of the trance her voice had held him in.

"Yep I'm done."

"Where are you right now?"

There was a slight pause and he could imagine her, phone pressed against her ear as she glanced around, trying to figure out her location.

"I'm near Ascer lab."

"Where should we meet today? Why don't we eat something after watching a movie?"

"..today?" an uncertain undertone lay in her voice which couldn't be filtered even through the phone call.

He could hear a slight gasp on the other side of the phone and it occurred to him she had forgotten about the meeting they had planned. He felt his heart sink just slightly and let out a quiet laugh. The night before, he had spent about an hour picking out an outfit to wear and barely slept a wink, his heart beating so fast in excitement.

"Ah, yeah!" she replied hesitantly, obviously embarrassed she had forgotten their arrangement.

They ended up watching a movie together, managing to get a discount as it was the last Wednedsay of the month. All throughout the movie, he couldn't bring himself to concentrate on the screen and instead revised his speech mentally, occasionally scrunching his eyes up in frustration to which she would look and ask if he was okay and he'd have to awkwardly reply saying he recalled he forgot something at his desk.

"Do you have a reservation?" A lady dressed in a black apron asked with a polite smile on her face.

"Yes, Kim Kibum."

Kibum had (somehow) made it through the movie and they had walked together to a restaurant he had spent the whole night picking out, looking at every item on the menu and evaluating every single review

He looked back to check Chaewon's facial expression, trying to work out whether she approved of the restaurant or not. She looked gorgeous today, wearing a pink ruffled blouse along with black shorts. She looked gorgeous everyday, but to Kibum, she just looked especially pretty today.

They ended up making small talk about the movie, school and the perfume program Chaewon had been doing.

"Shall we have a drink?" He asked, a small smile on his face.

"You know I'm a lightweight, I might end up passing out " she says, letting out a small laugh.

At this point Kibum had completely forgotten his speech he had been writing for the past 3 days, his mind completely blank just with one look at her.

He took a pause before deciding to let her in on a secret he treasured with his life.

"I've done a lot worse than passing out" he whispers, noticing the shocked expression on her face. "I started dancing to Hype Boy in the middle of the street once...and another time I tried to crawl into my washing machine."

"Seriously?" Chaewon's eyes were wide open. "I wish I could've been there." She laughed.

He looks down at his hands on his lap, and then back up again.

"There's a lot of other things you don't know." Kibum diverted his attention to spinning spaghetti around his fork.

"I hate carrots and I get cold easily," he stops to think for a moment, blinking his eyes, "I hate studying and.. I like you."