Through the Looking Glass

One year later after Mirana's arriving to Upperland

"When did you two get a pet rabbit?" Brandon calling out, fixing the sleeves of his suit jacket, staring at the white Flemish Giant wearing a waist coat. It was standing in the kitchen. Its black eyes blinking at Brandon.

"A what?" Danny shouted from the upstairs. The sound of feet running down made Brandon turn to the stairs. Danny and Mirana both hurried down, wearing their evening clothes for they all plan to go to dinner dressed up. Danny was wearing his black-on-black suit and Mirana choose her short, silvery dress with one sleeve and matching strappy heels.

Coming to the kitchen entrance, Mirana stopped short, causing Danny to bump into her. Wrapping his arms around her waist so she would not fall, the couple stared at the white rabbit.

"Nivens, this is a surprise!" Mirana gushed while reaching out her hand. The rabbit hopped to her. The former White Queen changed just a little since her living in Upperland. Her hair was still the same silvery white and now cut to her collarbone. Her eyes were happy, now happier to see her friend.

"I wish I came with better news." Nivens expressed to the shock of Brandon. "The Night Queen has issued a challenge and is trying to take over all of Underland. She wants the lands in a state of perpetual night." Nivens shuttered at the thought of the darkness taking over.

"I still have the key." Danny revealed, fishing out the key around his neck.

"The rabbit hole was in the area already taken out by the Night Queen. We must go the other way." Nivens said, hopping to the living room.

"The Looking Glass." Mirana spun around in surprise. "I knew it was not from Upperland!" Last week while playing in an antique store, Mirana found a beautifully ornate full-length mirror with stand. The design reminded her of Underland. She was able to bargain for a steal since the owner of the antique said it was there before they took over twenty years.

The trio followed the rabbit who reached up and moved a small piece of wood, revealing a keyhole. Danny took off his necklace and inserted the key and gave it a twist. The mirror surface shimmered, showing the throne room of the White Queen's Castle. All were gathered around, waiting for the former White Queen and her champion.

"Guys, what the hell?!" Brandon swore as the rabbit hopped through the Looking Glass.

"Stay here where it is safe." Mirana expressed to Brandon, taking his hand. "The Night Queen is a powerful witch who is a heartless creature. Her already taking over parts of Underland means her powers have grown." Mirana gave Brandon's hand a squeeze before stepping through.

Danny turned to Brandon. "We should not be long." Danny shared. "This is why I changed a couple years ago. Going to Underland help me open my eyes to the wonder here. There, I found the love of my life. Now, I need to save the world that gave me the life I have now." Danny moved to enter the mirror. Brandon's hand stopped him.

"Danny. Let me go with you two. I need to see this. I need...fuck man, I need something more than what I see here." Brandon pleaded. He had been struggling lately and reached out to Danny for help.

Danny smiled. "Okay, let's go to Underland." Danny mused, holding Brandon's hand as they stepped through together.