II

"She suffered from a head trauma which we'll have to observe the extent of the damage once she wakes up." I heard the doctor speaking to someone when I was standing outside Jennie's hospital room.

I wanted to get inside but there was two men standing outside, guarding the VIP room. Her parents are keeping an eye of her at the moment and somehow that thought alone made me worry even more.

"Please, I'm her wife. Let me in." I pleaded with the two bodyguards but they wouldn't even bat an eye at me.

Then the door slid open and her father came out of the room. He looked at me from head to toe like I'm the most disgusting person that he has ever met.

"Take a walk with me will you?" He uttered.

I followed him to the garden of the hospital where he ordered some tea for the both of us.

Mr. Kim looked at my hands while sipping his cup of tea. I was fidgeting nonstop and he must've noticed that.

"I won't beat around the bush, Jisoo. Let's get to the point as to why I wanted to talk to you." He uttered while putting the cup down.

The piercing look in his eyes was enough to tell me that he doesn't like me and the idea of his daughter marrying a woman even for a tiny bit. I have never met her family before, I insisted but she was adamant to not let me meet them for our own peace of mind.

"I don't like you being around my daughter. You can't even pay for your own hospital bills let alone hers. My daughter almost died because of your own recklessness and I heard that you two are struggling to keep yourself afloat with your current financial status. Let Jennie go and I'll settle all your unpaid debts including the overdue bills." Her father uttered coldly. 

I gulped the lump in my throat trying to utter a single word. "Y—you can't do that. She's my wife and I can take care of her."

He slammed his hand on the table which made me flinch.

"God damn it! Look at you and your current situation! You can't even take care of yourself! Can you even afford the lifestyle that she was used to before she married you? You are making things hard for my daughter. Let her go. You know that we can take care of her better than you can." He sighed and stood up while shaking his head.

"We're taking her home. I'll be paying for your hospital bills and the other stuff that you two has left to be paid, but I don't ever want to see your face near my daughter again. End of discussion." Mr. Kim uttered.

I quickly stood up which 'made my chest injury hurt like hell. "No, you don't have to do that I can take care of everything including her. She's coming home with me. Jennie's my wife, she's my responsibility." I spoke through labored breathing.

He looked at me one last time and smirked. "Not anymore."

I sat back down as I watched him walk away. My stitches opened up but my heart hurts more from the thought possibly of losing my wife.

The nurse helped me back to my room when she saw how pale I have become. She called my friends and asked them to stay with me and not let me move around due to my injuries.

"Jennie...Jennie...Jennie..." I woke up from a bad dream. I had a nightmare to be exact...it was about my wife leaving me.

I looked at my friends and their eyes are all on me.

"Hey, you're okay. It was just a dream." Lisa uttered.

"Rene, can you please check on Jennie." I asked our friend.

She nodded. "Alright." Irene uttered and left the room with Wendy.

A few moments later the couple came back to my room— flustered. "Jennie's gone... Jisoo she's not in her room. The nurse told us that she'll be continuing her treatment at her parents' house."