III

Jennie

I walked back to my fiancé's vehicle trying so hard to stop myself from crying. It's been a year since the accident happened. Jisoo and I made a promise to never give up on each other, but all it took her was one unfortunate event to break that promise.

***

"Dad, I need to go home. My wife is waiting for me." I told my father who strongly opposed the idea of me going back to my life with Jisoo.

My mother tried to hold me down, asking me to stay in bed. "Honey, you just woke up after a week of being in a coma. Please have some rest, we can talk about this later." She insisted.

All I could think of is Jisoo. They told me that she was fine but I didn't take their word for it. My head is aching like hell, probably from the injury that I got from the accident.

My father gave my phone back to me when I asked for it. I tried calling Jisoo but she wouldn't pick up. I sent her a bunch of messages and not a single reply from her. Has she forgotten everything about me?

"If I were you I would stop contacting that woman." I heard a man's voice approaching from behind me.

"Suho... I thought you're in New York?"  I asked when I saw the familiar man walking towards me.

He looked at me with a smile on his face. "I heard about the accident and I was worried so I thought I had to see you for my peace of mind."

"You really didn't have to." I replied and still kept on dialing my wife's phone number.

He glanced at my phone and saw what I was doing.

"I really would stop doing that if I were you." He uttered.

I looked at him with a questioning look on my face. "Are we still not over this conversation?" I said to him. He's my ex-fiancé, I broke off our engagement when I caught him cheating. My father was furious about me breaking off the engagement than knowing that he cheated on me with his secretary.

He chuckled upon hearing the irritated tone in my voice. "I'm way past that. I have greatly regretted what I did and haven't been in a relationship since then."

"Regrets doesn't really make up for what you did. But it's good to know that were over that." I uttered and stood up to go inside the house but before I left, he said a few words that infuriated me.

"I don't know which is worse...finding out that your fiancé was cheating on you, or finding out that your chosen spouse has sold you off to your father for a large sum of money to pay of some overdue bills and debts." Suho uttered with a smug look on his face.

"She wouldn't pick up your calls, Jennie. She already got what she wants...an easy solution to all her problems. And that was you...and your rich family."

I furiously walked towards him. I can't believe that he's making up another lie.

"That woman is even worse than I expected, she's a—" Before he could even finish insulting my wife straight to my face, I slapped him with every little strength that I got.

"You're a fucking asshole, Suho. You have managed to prove me that you're a piece of trash all over again.

He gave me an obnoxious laugh while holding the part of his face that I slapped. "Go on. Ask your father then...ask him if I was wrong. Why did you think she wouldn't pick up your calls or reply to your messages or even visit you here? Your father gave her the address to your house. Why won't she visit you if you meant the world to her? Think, Jennie. People like her, they'll only love you if you have something to offer. Now she got what she wants, do you think she'll still come around and say that she needs you?"