Chapter 1

The woman's soul walked slowly through the deep levels of Hell. She was one who had been searching for someone whom she well believed she could still reach. All light was dim and most of the place had been enshrouded in a darkness which seemed to have no end. The woman held onto the walls for balance since at these moments she could not see. The walls were cold, wet and felt to be made of steel as the dark grew in ever closer around her. She was hoping to survive this place to find the one who she had been seeking. The journeying soul did her best to avoid the demons that roamed about the pale blue lit passageways. She heard their rough and strong voices that came from the dungeons which were also dark but with a faded glow of red light. Doing all she could to keep her presence concealed and to not make a noise, she continued onward. She tried to ignore the cries of the despairing souls that were locked inside those prison cells. They screamed in pain and fierce agony, others in rage and violent behavior but no one would listen. Others were so depressed that they would inflict pain upon themselves. The demons that guarded their captives laughed with joyous delight. The soul of the traveling woman walked through to a rough path deeper underground below the previous level that she had set foot on. She came upon an opening that at first looked to be as a fiery furnace with flames that danced rapidly and so ever brightly. The furnace was unusually large, black and seemed to be staring right at her as though it were a living creature. Though frightening as it was, she remained brave and calm to the best of her ability. The woman walked up to the furnace and slowly peered into it. She saw images in the fire...pictures of the past and the future playing out before her eyes. She now knew where the soul she was after was located in this endless maze of terrors. A great dark cloud of smoke had been emanating from above the furnace. The smoke began to choke her and she began coughing loudly. The guardian demons that were nearby heard the sound and tried to sense the fleeting presence of the thing that caused the noise. The woman quickly continued on her way, leaving the furnace with foreshadowing powers behind. Before her however was a dead end with nothing but a black brick wall facing her. She heard the demon guards marching toward her area and she covered her mouth to control her panic. Her mind raced to find a way around them. She then decided to hide behind the furnace as three armor clad demons holding sharp spears began observing the room. They started sniffing in the sulfur cloaked air. They were picking up on her scent but luckily the lady saw a small door underneath the furnace. She opened it and crawled down inside slowly closing the door behind her.

"I must find her." She said to herself quietly.

Hell was a difficult and unbearable place for a search but she was not going to give up. She found herself in a tunnel that was long and narrow. All had been much too quiet suddenly. The tunnel was pitch black and she could not see yet again. She thought to use her cross for light but she knew that she needed its power for the one whom she was to find. She crawled through the hazy tunnel but then something wrapped itself around her wrist...something slimy and thick. A gooey black substance that stung her flesh. She tried to briskly wipe it off of her arm but it continued to grow and attack her body. Not far ahead however was the end of the tunnel. When she got out there was black slime covering her garments. The rest of the dark slime crawled back into the tunnel away from her. The ooze itself was made of sin, death and corruption. She removed as much of it as she could from her clothes. In a moment of her prayer the slime had been cleansed. A certain light caught her attention. It was like the colors of fire which dwelled behind a veil of transparent curtains. She passed through, pushing the drapes to the side to see a beautiful and elegant woman dressed in black who sat upon a great throne between two lit torches. This woman wore the most extravagant clothing and expensive jewelry. She did not seem to be suffering like many souls that were placed here but instead looked rather pleased. Two tall and large black skinned men that were well built and quite muscular were protecting the throne and the lady in black looked rather content with her position. The men wore medieval armor that was fancy and made of silver with iron. They also held long spears by their sides along with swords in sheaths at their waists on belts which held precious ruby and sapphire stones. They also wore helmets that their red eyes could gaze through and allowed room for their horns. They looked at the approaching new soul with viciousness in their eyes. The woman stood before the throne still looking up at this magnificent lady. Was she a princess? She thought this as she came to notice her crown upon her head. The royal one looked down upon her with amusement and interest. She spoke out with a loud and proud feminine voice.