Part 2

Y/n waited anxiously outside the submarine while the man went to get Law. The man finally exits the submarine accompanied by Law and a few other crew members who she remembered were Penguin, Shachi and Bepo the alphas of the omegas she had been with. Her inner omega purrs and her knees almost buckle again at the presence of her alpha, certainly the poster photo did not do justice to the real thing.

The three crewmen seem excited to understand who she was and Y/n holds her breath as Law looks at her and frowns. 'What is this? I made it very clear I didn't want her'

This was it, she was rejected again. Couldn't he see that they were mates? No, he could otherwise he wouldn't have said he had made it clear before. So what was it? Money couldn't be the problem since she was being offered to him. Was she such a disappointment?

'B-But Captain she is your mate!' says Bepo in shock with Shachi and Penguin agreeing. 'I don't want a mate' Law was about to walk away leaving her standing there without even a chance to utter a word.

Y/n's heart was broken into a thousand pieces, she knew she shouldn't have fed those false hopes. Still she clenches her fists and shouts 'Wait!' 'What don't you understand when I say I don't want you for anything?!' Law shouts back irritated and Yn cringes, even if his alpha has that opinion the same doesn't seem to be the case with the alphas accompanying him 'Maybe you don't want an omega but I bet they do!' Y/n shouts pointing at Penguin, Shachi and Bepo (Yes they are alphas, would it be interest an x reader with them?)

Law casts a glance at the three who seem genuinely interested 'And what do their omegas have to do with you?' Taking a breath to regain his calm Y/n continues this time in a lower tone 'When the merchants go to contact a crew they round up all the omegas they have found of that crew' 'And why didn't they say anything like that when they called?' 'Because omegas are expensive. If the captain doesn't want his for them it's not even worth talking about the others. I've met all three of them, they're lovely and they don't deserve the fate that awaits them if they stay there.' 'And what does that have to do with you?' 'I'm a beast, my value is much higher, if you take me you can trade me for all three without any problems.'

Law sighs at the stares of his crewmates. He might not want an omega but that didn't give him or right to stop his friends from having one. 'Bring na and set a course for the omega trade where she came from' With this Law walks back to the submarine not sparing another glance at the poor omega.

Y/n smiles and plays with her fingers sadly, positively thinking at least she would be good for something good.

___
The trip to the outpost lasted about a week. During those few days Y/n was able to get to know the crew and everyone became quite attached to her recognizing that she certainly had the charisma to be her captain's mate. Even though she was rejected, it was the best and probably the happiest single week she would ever have in her life. She adapted to the routines of the crew, learned to read maps and a little about how the submarine worked, also learned how to cook a few things, first aid, and showed interest in learning to read and write, but for this one week was not enough. The best part of that week was being able to see Law around the ship, and as the dominant alpha of the gang, the whole ship smelled of him, which was very comforting to Y/n.

Shachi, Bepo and Penguin liked the omega quite a bit and eventually felt guilty that she was going to sacrifice herself. They asked several times if it was really okay and she always assured them that it was. After all with no friends, no family, no alpha, an omega's freedom mattered little if she had nowhere else to go. The three alphas even approached their captain several times about why he rejected her trying to convince him to keep her, but it didn't work as according to him 'omegas can't be trusted'.

Although the days were fun Y/n had to fight nightmares every night. His frightened, crying moans were low enough to go unnoticed by the crew. Except Law. To him the sounds rang loud, digging in and making his inner alpha become desperate with the need to protect his omega. He would never admit it out loud, but it was extremely difficult for him to resist the omega. The way she fit so perfectly into the crew learning and always trying to help or how the environment around her always seemed to rejoice with her beautiful smile. Her scent was also one of the reasons his alpha struggled, he wished he could simply get closer and soak in it.