Christmas Special

Today is a day celebrated all over the world. Bright colours used as decoration on trees and reindeers on the roof. In Nevermoore this day also has an event to celebrate, to which I am, of course not going but my annoying roommate is insisting I go with her. "Come on Wednesday! It's gonna be fun, there'll be lots of food." I glare at her. "Enid I am not going to an event without purpose." Enid pouts. "It is an event with purpose! The purpose is getting presents!" I roll my eyes. "I'll go to the party once you know what Christmas is actually about." Thing crawls on Enids shoulder signing at me. "You can forget it, now stop trying to convince me or I'll ruin your fingernails." Thing quickly makes a beeline to the drawer. Enid comes to stand beside me and tugs on my sleeve. "Please Wednesday, do it for me." I look her in the face. "Your puppy eyes are not going to work on me." Enid whines and I continue to stare at her. "Fine..." She screeches in victory and puts her arms around me jumping up and down. "YAY!" I pry her off me. "I still need to get ready." "Oh, yeah right..." While I make my way to my closet Thing crawls out of the drawer quickly making his way over to Enid. Suspicious... While I get dressed Enid and Thing are communicating quite enthusiastically and after a while Thing makes his way outside the dorm with something in hand. "I'm ready." I stand before Enid. She smiles and takes my hand. "You look stunning as always, but can I untie your shoelace?" I give her a confused look. "Why would you want to?" Her smile turns into a grin. "Because I want you falling for me." I give her an unimpressed look and her grin gets even wider. "Let's go." She tugs me along with her and opens the door to stop in the doorframe. "Why are you stopping?" I ask confused. "Look up." She takes my other hand in hers. When I look up I see Thing holding a mistletoe over us. I look at Enid to find her staring at my lips. I take her chin to make her look at my face. "Well you prepared this, aren't you going to initiate the kiss?" A smirk takes over my face as I watch a blush take over her face. "Not going through with your plan? We should get goin-"Enid takes my face in her hands and kisses me. At first, the kiss seems stiff mainly because of the surprise on my side, but after a while, I get more used to the feeling of her lips on mine. "Enid when are you finally-"Yoko appears on the stairs and Enid steps away from me. "Um you guys can go first I'll be right behind you." Yoko looks between Enid and me and slowly descends down the stairs. "Sorry for the Interruption!" Yoko giggles and disappears down the hall. "So... should we also go...?" I give her a peck on the lips and take her hand in mine. "Yeah let's go."