Finished test chapter

(This was a test chapter I did since i wanted to practice some writing skills and work on a different scene in my project. I did edit it at some point this year for a creative writing class and i did eventually finish the test chapter but changing the way i originally had planed for my personal project. Be warned that there is death in this)

    The blizzard was getting worse by the minute, evident by the growing constant of ice stabbing at Lisa's pale face, turning it pink, almost red. She ignored the numbing of the nerves in her face and the cooling of her blood. Even the wind managed to seep through her two-layered jacket, frost clinging and soon melting into the clothing. None of this slowed her down. She has to find the camp. She had to make sure everyone was safe. Suppose her relatives made it back. If not, then they had a new challenge ahead of them.

The snow that was once a beautiful gift was now a time-consuming nuisance—clinging onto her boots, dragging her feet down with every desperate attempt to walk forward, and blinding her with the ice that hung to her lashes.
They had to be okay. But the fear in the children's voices and Jack's frantic breathing. All heard on the radio; her mind wouldn't allow her not to think the worst.

Lisa was wading through the clingy snow, almost losing her balance as the ice-infested wind blew vastly in different directions. Nevertheless, she had to keep moving.
As the tired female endlessly wandered the white wooded wasteland, the wind continued to blow through her ears, only accompanied by the invisible glow of the lantern she held. She hears a voice.

She stops in her tracks and listens as the wind and snow continue to scrape along her figure.

It's faint. You wouldn't hear it if you weren't looking for any sign of life. But Lisa knew it was there.

It came again, except this time louder, but it was still muffled by the wind, carrying the voice somewhere no one would find it.

Lisa knew what it was. She knew the voice. That oh-so-familiar voice she always heard in the morning when she woke up.

"Susie!" Lisa frantically called out. "Susie! Where are you?!" The young woman dragged her frozen feet to where she thought the voice was. The snow piled up with every step and tried to push her back, continuing to drag her down and delay her 

"Lisa!" There it was. The voice she's been hopelessly looking for. But one question that started to form in her mind was why her niece was out of the camp. Did she go out to look for everyone just like Lisa had done? Or was there something more to this? Something she didn't know about? No. This was a little girl out by herself in a merciless blizzard. The child was too selfless for her own good.

"Susie! Where are you!" Lisa called out once more, ignoring the tasteless ice that she had breathed in.  There was no response as the numb woman continued forward. Now the only sound was the deafening howl of the wind and the clatter of the towering tree limbs clashing against one another.

"Aunt Lisa." She froze. She should be happy. Relieved! The voice was close, so, so close, but... why was she not relieved?
The voice was close, yes, but it was too close. It sounded fainter earlier; it should still stay faint; now, it was too close for comfort.

Something's not right.

Though Lisa's face, now wholly numb and patently, partly frozen, confusion still twisted over her face as her green eyes dulled to show her deep thoughts.