𝟏

Olivia:

Getting over your ex boyfriend is probably one of the worst things ever, but it is even worse if your ex is your brother's childhood best friend.

Me and my brother have been inseparable ever since he hit a classmate of mine because they bullied me. That's when I got to know Mason better. He used to act like he didn't care about anything or anyone, but deep down we both knew that it wasn't true. This is why my first love was Mason, he had always been kind to me and I guess that his kindness gave me wrong intentions that lead me to my love for him.

When I was sixteen it finally happened, Mason had realised that he had liked me and asked me on a date and the rest is history. We were the golden couple, everyone shipped us expect my brother of course. When Mason and I told him we were dating he thought that we were joking,  but then he kinda expected the idea of his best friend dating his little sister. Mase was always respectful towards me and he actually loved me way too much. We survived through high school together and were in a very healthy and loving relationship, but he then signed for Chelsea and I started university and that's when our relationship started getting toxic.

Mason loved going out and having fun, but being a famous footballer of course meant having many girls being head over heels for you. He started focusing on his career and going to parties more and I really didn't like him being around other girls while I was on the other side of the world studying my ass off. We started arguing over the most stupid things that you could think of. I guess that this is what people meant when they said that long distance relationships never work.

Two weeks after my twenty-first birthday Mason had decided to end our relationship, because apparently nothing felt the same and we were too toxic to be together. I was absolutely heartbroken, but of course I was being stubborn and I left everything behind and promised myself to never go back home when he is there.

Yet now here I am going back to my old life knowing that it would ruin everyone I've achieved. I am currently waiting for my brother to pick me up from the airport, so I can spend the holidays at home with my family and of course him. He recently broke up with his girlfriend Sophie. I was surprised to find out that he got a new girlfriend only a month after our breakup and I sure hope that no one asks about about my relationship status, because it would be embarrassing to say that you haven't had a relationship ever since you broke up with your ex boyfriend, who would also be in the same room as you for the next six hours. As I was lost in my own thoughts I didn't notice my brother running to me. As soon as I saw Dec I hugged him for probably way too long, but I really didn't care. He helped me pick up my luggage and we headed home.

The ride home wasn't awkward until he mentioned that Mason was going to spend the holidays with us, which I already knew, because my mom told me hoping that we would somehow get together after everything. "Look Liv I know that this breakup was hard for you, but don't hate him, he really loved you and it was really hard for him to let you go." oh boy I really wasn't in the mood to talk about this. "Dec if he really loved me, he would have never dumped me while I was on the other side of the world, so please let's just drop it." he didn't say anything, but I knew that he wanted to defend Mason. For my surprise when we arrived home Mason wasn't there or at least I thought so.

When I walked into the kitchen I saw the devil himself sitting on the table and laughing about something with my father. God I really feel like this is going to be the worst Christmas to ever exist. " Oh my dearest daughter, I can't believe you are finally home" my father was being way too dramatic, it has been what... like two years since I have been home. "Hey dad you look younger" I say as I go up to hug him and then I just ignore Mason and go up to my room, so I can unpack my suitcases.