9.

September 8th, 2013:

It was a Sunday when the Core Four officially moved into their house on 161, Oakington Manor Dr. in Wembley.

After the deep cleaning of the weekend when she had had her water/dirt fight with Harry (and had seen him shirtless!) the guys had gone back - David, more than anyone - to keep the house in good conditions and keep it clean. And also to start moving their stuff in, so they wouldn't have to do it all at once, the day they all officially moved in the house.

They had chosen what rooms they would've stayed in already. The discussion hadn't been long. David had asked all of them if he could take the downstairs bedroom, the one that had been his father's when he was a kid, and that his grandmother had started using once going up and down the stairs had become a problem for her, since she was alone in the house most of the time. Of course, everyone had agreed immediately. That was his house, after all, and none of them was going to pay rent.

Fabian and Jacopo had decided to give Claire the master bedroom that had once belonged to Grandma Louise and her husband. Jacopo, with his drums would've needed the other big room, the one with two single beds inside. Fabian had gotten the smaller one, but he didn't complain. He would've spent most of his time in the kitchen, and Jacopo had told him he could sleep inside of his room anytime, if his own room got too small.

If they didn't think about it like adults, their moving in together would've felt like an endless pajama party.

In the course of the three weeks that had passed from August 17th and September 8th, the rooms had slowly been filled with everything the guys would've needed. Jacopo and Fabian had taken trips together, two or three times, Jacopo's parents taking them with their car. When he had gotten the drums inside of the house, though, Jacopo had went on his own, because the drums took a lot of space. David's stuff had been taken in the course of many small trips. After much consideration he had decided to leave almost everything in his room untouched, being sure that his father wouldn't have done anything to it, because David was the only one with a key to open the door. Claire, being the closest one, had done small trips when she knew David was home, so she wouldn't be alone in the house.

It didn't feel real, when they all walked through the entrance door for the final time, carrying the last of their suitcases, that only contained the very last of their clothes and their underwear. Everything else was already inside. Their parents had driven them there, and they would've helped them get their groceries for the first time. After that, they would've always been available for help, but since everyone's families - except for Anna and Richard - lived in Maidstone, the help would've come from phone calls.

Anna, standing in the dining room, looking at the giant dining table with the big chairs around - very grandma style - was doing a very poor job in holding back her  tears. She kept on sniffing, trying to hold them in, but they kept on getting out, and she kept on sniffing. Richard was bonding with Jacopo's dad, as they walked all over the house, checking the rooms, trying to see if there was something amiss, something that their adult eyes would've caught better. Fabian's mom was fussing over in the kitchen, looking at all the things her son had brought from home, while David's and Jacopo's moms were upstairs, helping Jacopo unpack the last of his clothes. Claire and David were with Anna, in the dining room.

"I'm so proud of you." - Anna was saying to them both, rubbing away at her tears, angrily, as if they weren't welcome on her face. - "You guys are moving in your own home at 18!"

Whenever the topic was brought up, David got shy, shrugging it off like it was nothing, because he knew that he hadn't done much to deserve it, it wasn't like he had worked for it or done anything else his peers didn't do. He simply had had the fortune of having a grandmother that loved him very much. He didn't want it to be a big deal.
Anna didn't share his opinion and, still crying, had walked up to him and was hugging him fiercely.