Preface

I've never considered moving out of my parent's house this early.

I supposed it's a surprise when you discover that your parents stayed together all these years just for your own sake and happiness. Finding out that they've been lying to my brother and I for so long was, by far, my greatest disappointment, my biggest sorrow. I always believed we were a happy family, but even that was a lie. When I think of it now, every happy memories I've been able to create, on vacations or just daily,  simply seem fake and make up to look like a movie scenario or whatever they were trying to build by lying to me and my brother like this !

Alright, take a deep breath in...

Deep breathe out...

It's all going to be fine. Now that I'm away from home, I finally get to start over. Forget about all the issues at home and how we're going to celebrate Christmas or birthdays and how I will have to decide with which parents I will spend the holidays with... Just so many unpleasant thought that bothers my brain every single day since the divorce.

Okay, so, to give you some context, my name is Astrid Ricci, I just moved out to Madrid, and I'm nineteen. My parents just got a divorce. Right before my departure a week ago. In less than a day, my mom got a loft in Torino, her hometown and my dad stayed in Rome, but moved to a big house in the countryside of the capital. Because guess what ! he already got himself a new girlfriend.

Despite all my family problems, which are now out of the way, I'm trying to settle in my apartment in Madrid. I already signed up for the IE School of Architecture and Design of Madrid, which is apparently the best architecture school in Spain and thanks to my father's influence I was able to enter the school at the last minute. I'm relieved my dad could get me into  the school because I wouldn't have been well otherwise. Mentally that would have been disastrous. To stay in the place where you grew up surrounded by love and affection and then realize it was untrue, I swear turn all the memories around.

For more on my life, I have a brother called  Alejandro, he's two years older than me and moved out of our home when he graduated. Now he's at a London med school. I have no other siblings, but I have a dog named Taki, he's four years old and he's a cavalier King Charles spaniel. I wish I could have brought him to Madrid, but my mom was too quick to steal it from me.

Anyway, it's September 18th, 2020, and tomorrow is the first day of school. I'm nervous but excited as well ! Nonetheless, I hope that everything will go smoothly and not too difficult, because my Spanish is a little bit ruff 

--

ok so this is the first chapter, I hope they're will not be too much spelling mistakes ( French is actually my first language ) so I hoped you enjoy ( I will probably post a chapter of the story every Wednesday and Sunday. don't forget to vote ! COVID DO NOT EXIST IN MY STORY !