1. Break up

No Winter lasts forever and neither does love.

_

___________________________________________

It was the seventh time he turned the alarm off and yet again a snooze popped disrupting his sleep. It was a bright Monday morning and very unusual since it had snowed last night.

The sun peeked through his curtains blinding his sight as it deceived a warm day. It was probably just for show however that didn't change whether he'd have to get up for work. The blonde turned his alarm off and slowly sat up. He stares silently at the blue cover and just after a minute or so he turns to the clock.

10:00. Well he could now meet his mother and rest in peace. Yet again he'd be late for work, so much for a gap year.

Adrien got to his feet instantly regretting such a move as he felt dizzy. He made his bed, settled his outfit, and took his bath. In 40 minutes he was out of the apartment but what excuse would he make for his delay?

Adrien took his time as he got out of his car and walked into the office. Just then a young woman with round glasses and fuzzy hair ran up to him, "Adrien you're late again."

"Sorry I overslept again." Adrien rubbed his nape, not in embarrassment but apologetically. He knew she has to cover for him while he wasn't around. The dark circles under her tired brown eyes made it clear she hadn't had much sleep, unlike him.

"Quick we're having a break now but you need to get ready. I've taken my leave after today which means I'm not covering for you this entire week."

Adrien chuckled sheepishly while she glared at him, "Adrien you need to take priority in your work. I won't always be helping you around and so everyone around."

"I apologize it won't happen again." He swore.

They entered a large room and as he got to his seat he heard someone call his name.

"Adrien." He felt his hair stand on end as the elderly woman walked to him, "Adrien you're late. Again."

"Aunt- I mean Mrs. Graham. I promise it won't happen again."

"Say it a hundred times and you'd forget you ever promised." She said shaking her head, her glare softening, "You're still my favorite nephew but if you keep coming late you won't make aunt happy. I let you live alone so you could depend on yourself, not the other way."

She pat his shoulder and started for a few of her workers, who were arguing.

Adrien knew he wasn't exactly her favorite nephew. he was her only nephew, they only said that just to make him feel accepted but he always felt that there was something different about himself, and the only person who couldn't see it was him.

The break was over and it was back to work, his colleague, Susan who was taking over for him earlier, had taken a leave.

It's time went on Adrian had only one thought process, home. If he could last for just a few hours he could get home and sleep for as long as he wanted till dawn. It felt like forever until that dream would come true, but he hoped.

On his drive back to his apartment he received a call.

"Hello?"

"Adrien, it's me." A familiar voice spoke in his ear.

"Camille, are you okay?"

She didn't reply.

"Hello?"