6. I like you

She was just coming out of her drunk state when she entered the manor. 

It was quiet and dark. Sneaking back into her room, she stumbled into her room shutting the door behind her when suddenly there was a loud snore. She jumped, too high that once she landed she fell on solid ground hurting her side.

Next time I won't go drinking past 12, she thought taking in a sharp breath.

She turned her neck and saw a face she thought was surreal but possible.

She got up on the second snore and crawled to the body. She slowly pulled the locks from her face and gasped.

"No way."

Adrien wasn't expecting any sleep till he felt his eyes heavily close. It took forever but he was finally going to get some sleep after so many tries to get himself rest. It felt like heaven under his eyelids, it was dark and quiet, the images that kept him awake for days finally died. But something had to emerge and cut him peace.

The was a thud followed by a gasp and cussing.

"You prefer the floor over my bed?"

"It's hard and uncomfortable, just like my life," Adrien mumbled falling back on the floor. 

"I'm surprised you're even here. Amelie said you haven't been picking up her calls or had contact with you in the past weeks. Honestly, I was scared for you." 

Juliette lay down next to Adrien. The night was quiet and so was Adrien till he spoke, "Why are you here?"

"Haven't you heard?" Juliette prompted herself up with an elbow, "I graduated, yay!"

Adrien looked at her and gave her a half smile, "That's nice."  then back at the ceiling, silent.

 Juliette fell back and continued to speak, "I'll be going to college soon, will you be  considering?"

"I'm not in a good position to go yet... I just want to pass on as a writer."

"A writer? Aren't you working for Amelie? Isn't that what you want?" 

"No. I don't want to be a photographer, I don't want to be a model, I want nothing to do with the fashion world."

"Oh, I see... Then I'll go and get changed--"

"What are you even doing in here?"

"Why wouldn't I be here?" she chuckled.

"This is my room, why are you in here? why is everything in disorder and not the way I left it."

"First, chill, I moved back in a week ago, and since I won't be temporarily staying Amelie said I could move in here. I thought it needed a few brushing up so I decided to clean it. If I knew it was yours I would have kept it the same."

Adrien stood up, picked up his blanket, and left the room without another second to spend.

Juliette watched him go, she wanted to call him back but something stopped her mid-sentence.

It was morning when his eyes opened to a white powdered ground. He slept outside, outside in the cold under the dark sky. He somehow had a good night, if ignoring he was laying on the ground with just a blanket. He sat up feeling his body ache and his stomach rumble.

That's right, I haven't eaten yet. 

Adrien folded his arms under his head and closed his eyes, taking in a sharp air and holding it in for as long as he could then slowly exhaling. He did it again about four times in a row when he heard footsteps starting from the garden, and he turned around and saw Juliette peeking from behind the dried-up tree.