Chapter 10

Chapter 10
The gunshot was loud, it rang through Louis' ears. His eyes squeezed shut, and everything after that was like slow motion. He didn't care that there was someone with a gun around somewhere, that his life was probably at risk. Harry was lying on the ground, his chest bleeding, right where his heart was. Louis drops to the ground, panic rushing through his body.

"H-Harry, oh god." He says, his voice shaking. "Don't fucking die, oh god."

"Wendall!" He screams, but the man was already rushing over, the phone to his ear.

"Get him inside the boat, take cover, come on Louis!" Wind yells, grabbing one of Harry's arms. Louis couldn't move. His body lies over Harry, his hands holding pressure on the wound on Harry's chest. "Louis! Come on, he could shoot again! Get Harry inside!" He yells loudly.

Louis stops shaking long enough to pick Harry up body limp as he and Wind carry Harry inside the boat cubby. It's a cramped space.

"What the hell happened?" Louis asks, his voice quivering.

"I saw the shot from the window of the building over there. Must've been a sniper, a hitman. Someone was hired to do this, there's no way we could've seen it coming." Wendall explains. Then Louis remembers.

The note.

"There was a note," Louis says. "That told Harry to watch his back. Liam found it this morning. I told him not to stress about it!"

"The ambulance is on its way. Hear them, Louis? He'll be okay."

"I-I'll be o-okay?" Harry stutters out.

"Hey!" Louis sobs. "You're going to be okay." He caresses Harry's face, wiping away Harry's tears.

"It hurts Lou." Harry chokes out. "If I die-"

"You're not going to," Louis says. His eyes turn to the door, the ambulance lights flash, lighting up the small space with reds and whites. Louis notices how the red makes the blood look black.

"If I do though-" He coughs. "Ögat är där det började."

"Don't say that please Harry! You can't die. Harry? Harry wake up!" Louis sobs. "Please! Wendall, what happened?" He exclaims.

Wendall feels Harry's neck. "He's just passed out, probably from the pain and shock. Let them take him, Louis." Wendall says. The paramedics open the door, and Louis wonders when they got there. How did they get here so fast?

Louis helps them get Harry out of the cubby and onto the gurney. He runs down the pier with them. Wendall gets in the ambulance with him first, and when Louis goes climbing aboard the paramedic stops him.

"Can't have you on, love. Not enough room." She frowns. Louis looks to Wind.

"I've got him, Louis. Meet us there." He says. Louis doesn't fight for his seat. Technically he is no one to Harry. No one other than a friend, when you put it on paper. They didn't get a chance to talk.

And that's when Louis remembers what Harry said. What he said before he got shot.

Because tonight I just want to play chess, drink wine and eat a bunch of carbs with the man I'm falling in love with.

In love with.

Louis watches the ambulance drive off, wincing at the loud sirens and bright lights that blind him, and he falls to the ground. It's cold, and the pier hurts his knees. He sobs because he is so in love with Harry. And he's going to lose him but in a way much worse than he could've imagined.

Ögat är där det började.

-

"Cookies?" Harry asked. "I'm over here freaking out about the height of this thing and you're talking about sweet bakery treats!"