Two

Fatima and Harlem walked side by side both with their free hand wrapped around a cup with their favorite drinks from Starbucks and their designer purse hanging from their shoulder.

The mall was mostly empty, but it was to be expected when you go shopping early on a mid Tuesday morning. 

"Oooh! This is too cute!" Harlem gasped, looking at the outfit on the mannequin in the window of the store.

"I have to have it." She said, looking at her mother.

Fatima chuckled walking inside the store with her daughter. A young girl greeted them as they made their way toward the dress.

"The last one is in my size." Harlem excitedly explained picking the hanger off of the rack.

"And where would you wear this to, Harlem you already have outfits you don't even wear with the tags still on them?"

"I know, but this is just so beautiful I have to have it mom."

"Alright Harlem do you see anything else in here that you want?"

A smirk danced on Harlem's lips she felt like a kid at a candy store. Her parents spoiled her giving Harlem any and everything she wanted. Neither of her parents rarely ever told her no and she loved it.

Hours passed as both Fatima and Harlem carried multiple bags in their hands from the many different department stores. "Wanna go to the food court?" Fatima asked.

"Of course I do, is that even a question?" Harlem chuckled. "You know I love to eat."

"Let me call Robert to tell him to pull the car up front and we can put our things in the car then eat."

Nodding her head they walked around a bit before Fatima announced that Robert had pulled the car toward the front.

Harlem enjoyed every second of the time she had gotten to spend with her mother. She hadn't remembered the last time they had time together like this. She truly needed this time and she was happy with the day she was having.

"Alright, I want Chinese what are you getting Harli?"

"Chick-fil-A."

"Should have known, here." Fatima said, giving her a black card before she took off toward the line.

Hearing a bunch of laughter behind her she turned to see a group of boys around her age talking along in their group.

She quickly turned back hoping they didn't see her looking.

Harlem was the type to say what was on her mind, but when it came to boys she was shy. She would get tongue tied anytime she tried to talk to a boy, which was only once. She would only look and that was it.

Watching the person before her finish their order she stepped toward the counter ordering her main meal that she gets every time she eats there.

Grabbing the tray she kept her eyes focused straight ahead seeing that she had to walk past the group of boys.

Feeling her heart race, and her body heat rise she kept her eyes focused straight head at the store across from the food court.