Prologue

"Are you sure you'll be alright on your own, Rose?"

Rose looked into her sisters emerald iris's that seemed to be a perfect reflection of her own, an element of worry swimming around in them for the eleven year old.

"I'll be fine Lily," Rose answered reassuringly. "After all, how can I make friends if I'm tagging along with my big sister?"

"You're right," Lily replied with a small smile. "I guess I'll see you in the great hall."

"See you later!"

Rose watched her sister for a moment, the red hue of her hair getting further and further away, before slipping into a carriage, which contained a blonde that Rose figured was Marlene, as well as deciphering that the other brown skinned girl was Mary.

The train corridor seemed to be infinite as Rose continued walking forward, searching for any other people that were first years or even an empty carriage, as she glanced into each carriage rapidly, barely catching a glimpse of her own reflection. Her chestnut hair fell down her back gracefully in loose waves, her fringe precisely trimmed to showcase her eyes, that were softly woven with a chorus of green threads. Within the sea of forest green was a twinkle that reflected the young girls excitement; magic was a beautiful mystery to her, something that had instantly embraced as part of her, having a special light in her soul just to contain it.

Rose wasn't afraid, she was simply struck with wonder.

Eventually, Rose sat in an empty carriage she had found, buying extortionate amounts of food from the trolley, as she had discovered from a young age that food was the best comfort available. She savoured some the tastes that erupted in her mouth, and bewildered by some of the flavours that her tastebuds felt. Why anyone would make bogie flavoured sweets was beyond her!

She was just about to open her first ever chocolate frog, when she was interrupted by the sound of her carriage door opening.

"A carriage to yourself?" A boy asked, in slightly disbelief. "How on earth did you manage such a luxury?"

Rose looked up at him, with a curious gaze, as intrigue filled every fibre of her being. Instantly, she could tell that the boy standing before her was her age, despite the mature way in which he carried himself being deceitful to almost any other pair of eyes. He was dressed in long, black robes, the silky fabric standing proud as it boasted about its high status and expense, the eleven year olds short, jet black hair being very neatly styled and gelled, complimenting the enchanting grey that shone brightly in his eyes.

"Oh, I don't think it's a luxury," Rose replied, her lips tugging into an endearing smile. "After all, I've always been told that loneliness is no good."

"Huh, that's interesting," the boy folded his arms, brows furrowing as he wore a small smirk. "I've always been told that loneliness can heal the heart. People can be bad for you, you know."