Chapter 1

Chapter 1• • •

Chapter 1
• • •

Then He Kissed Me by The Crystals

• • •

Serenity and the French kiss

• • •

Five years ago

Paris, France

"Kung hindi pa ako nagbayad sa plane ticket mo rito, hindi mo talaga ako bibisitahin," Hannah Cruz, one of her closest friends, playfully berated when they finally arrived at a Jazz club located in Paris, France. "Tapos, because of me, for the first time, ma-eexperience mo na rin kung paano mag-party."

"Oo na. You know I'm broke and hindi ko afford pumunta ng France so thank you, beshy!" Serenity and Hannah both giggled at they both went to their table. There were a lot of French people inside the club—at halatang hindi ordinaryong club lang ang pinuntahan nila.

"Of course, masyado ka ng busy sa law school kaya mag-unwind ka rin minsan. Stress ka na sa law school and work tapos stress ka rin sa family mo so dapat mag-walwal ka pero dito sa France para sa sosyal," Hannah winked at her and the waiter suddenly appeared in front of them, taking their orders. Pagkatapos ay ibinigay na rin nito ang mga drinks nila.

They both raised their glasses and screamed. "To Paris, the city of love!" They both yelled in unison and laughed. They didn't care about their surroundings anymore. The music inside the club was too loud.

They already had some few drinks when they started dancing on the dance floor.

"Besh, I have a dare," Hannah whispered to her while both of them were still holding their drinks. "I'll pay you fifty euros if you do it."

The music was too loud and after having some few drinks already, Serenity nodded. "Sure, what is it?"

"Diba never been kissed and never been touched ka?" She could already feel her friend's teasing tone. Then Hannah smirked.

"Have your first kiss with a random French guy for fifty euros."

"Well, I'll do it, don't challenge me," Serenity confidently agreed and drank all the alcohol she was holding in the glass—for confidence boost.

She mustered up all her courage before deciding to kiss the random French guy at the right corner of the club.

But before she could even approach his table, a stranger bumped into her that she almost fell down to the floor—but the stranger's reflexes were fast that he caught her in no time.