Chapter 3

Chapter 3

• • •

Easy Love by Lauv

• • •

Drama in Cartier

• • •

Five years ago

Paris, France

"I'm Serenity." She awkwardly took the man's hand and shook it. "Well, the kiss was actually a dare. My friend dared me to kiss some random French stranger for fifty euros."

"Did you get the fifty euros?"

She nodded. "Yup. At least she gave it to me before she left me for her boyfriend." She rolled her eyes. "I'd probably bitch slap that bitch tomorrow for leaving me."

"How long are you gonna stay in Paris?"

"Just a week. I'm not that rich to stay longer," she answered truthfully. "This is actually my first time to travel overseas and my friend was even the one who paid everything. I won't go here if not for her."

"Ah," the guy, who introduced to her as Etienne, nodded as well. "Where are you from?"

"Philippines. A country whose government sucks."

"Don't we all?" Etienne replied and leaned backwards. They were still sitting on the floor, looking at the Seine river in front of them, the lights illuminating on the water.

"I guess." She shrugged, holding his coat around her shoulders tighter. "Why are you here? Are you done partying inside the club?"

He shrugged. "I'm not really a fan of clubbing. I'm just there because of my cousins."

"Really?" She eyed him in disbelief. "Here I thought foreigners, I mean, Europeans like you like to party."

"Not all."

"Well, I don't like partying either. It was even my first time to enter a club. It's actually one of my bucket list so I'm gonna scratch that now. And visiting any European country too. I'm gonna scratch off a lot of stuff for sure." She said proudly as she remembered her bucket list. Thanks to Hannah.

"You must be very uptight for just trying them now," Etienne commented while looking at her, teasing. "I mean you're already old."