VI

Wealth and lavishness is beginning to irk me.

The hustle and bustle of your average Sandton street never ceased to annoy me.

Peace of mind has always been found alone, and in a quiet tranquil area. In my experience at least.

Moving to Waterfall, Midrand, was one of the best decisions my father ever made for Jayden and I; and although it's not completely quiet, it's much better than living in a high-rise apartment, that overlooks a city filled with loquacious people who are chasing a lavish lifestyle.

The striking blue of the sky captivates me, and I notice that there are absolutely no clouds above.

November weather is nice and all but I really do prefer winter.

Leigh has practically dragged me out of the house to have lunch with her and the girls.

"Yekani uMamncan' uNandi, nina [Leave Auntie(Younger Mother) Nandi alone, you two]," Leigh huffs almost with envy, as the twins cling to either of my legs.

"Let me pick you guys up rather, so we can get food quicker," I offer as I struggle to move more than a slight shift ever so often.

"Sodla amafried [Will we eat fries]," Kiara asks as she gazes up at me with her adorable, brown, doe eyes.

"Nkosi yami [My lord]," I hear Kayleigh grumble as she throws her hands up in the air.

Kacey remains completely still, with her eyes shut tight as she clings desperately to my leg.

Both of them have a mane of curls on their head, almost identical to their mother's.

"Kiara eating fries everyday isn't healthy. The tokoloshis[trolls] will come take all the fries, because they know you like them, and you'll never eat them again. Yilokho okfunayo? [Is that what you want], " I question her as I lay a hand on my hip.

She whimpers, muttering a heart shattering "no" with such a grave despair in her eyes, you would swear you told her you killed her cat.

Her cheeks are round and slightly tinted with a pink that makes her even more adorable, and her sister is no different.

Although fraternal, Kiara and Kacey resemble different aspects of Enzo perfectly.

I had started joking with him, asking whether he had ever denied that the kids were his.

He would immediately know I asked because of children usually looking exactly like their father if he denies their relation during the pregnancy.

When the twins are alone with Kayleigh, the resemblance is undeniable, but once Enzokuhle is brought in, it pretty much diminishes entirely.

Without another word Kiara releases my leg and scurries away to her mother, looking as if she's about to cry.

"Aww sthandwa sami [my love]," Leigh chuckles as she hoists the little girl up, and sends a wink at me.

"Nami futhi [Me too]," Kacey mutters sheepishly as she gazes up at me with an arm lifted.

Following Leigh's lead, I lift the little girl into my arms, and finally walk into the steakhouse where Leigh and I are having our lunch.

**********

"Haibo [Goodness]! Nandipha am I talking to myself," Leigh questions as she lifts her thick, yet perfectly shaped brows at me.

We've spent the last half hour talking about nothing in particular, and although I thought two toddlers would keep my mind off things, they seem to amplify the calls of the troubles that reside in my mind.