・゚゚・A Fateful Letter

IF THERE WAS ONE THING that the ruler of Liyue knew well, it would the associate of spring with love. The sun was shining brightly upon the city, highlighting the beauty of the plum blossoms upon the trees. Today was her day off, her paperwork lying idle under a vase of glace lilies Ganyu had gifted her during last year 's Lantern Rite Festival.

“Hey, check you out! Looking pretty fancy. "

Those words left her blushing fifty shades of Pyro red. How had Beidou, that pirate, left such a mark on her? She thought that if she confessed, the blushing would stop. Guess I was wrong, she realized.

A knock on the door interrupted her musings. Opening it revealed the presence of a messenger holding a sort of card.

“A letter from Miss Beidou, Lady Ningguang. "

The ruler of Liyue thanked the messenger, closing the door behind her and opening the paper.

“Meet me at the Alcor at sunset. We're having a little celebration because today is the day I formed the Crux Fleet"

Wow.

Just … wow!

Ningguang made haste, happy at the prospect of seeing Beidou again. With the events at Inazuma, she had not established contact with her, lest her  letters were read by the guards.

After taking a bath, and fixing herself, she descended from the many staircases of the Jade Chamber, and went into the city. The people usually did not mind their governess walking down the streets at this hour; perhaps she was also on her way to the jewellers shop?

They were slightly mistaken. Yes, Ningguang did go to the shop, but only because she had to pick something from there. Her next stop was the Alcor itself.

༺❘✦━.·:*✦*:·.━✦❘༻

Beidou looked out of the boat, admiring the seascape. The gentle breeze blew her long, dark hair aside, as the sun gave her skin a warm glow. Today was the day she formed the Crux Fleet, but today, she had another intention. She had wanted to ask her the big question for years noe; she felt that now the time was right.

Beside her, Kazuha wrote another of his haikus,  as his calm face looked to her for inspiration. Please don't tell me he's writing about that, she prayed.

“New futures spring forth
A so deep now comes to light
In an anchored ship"

Beisou's face turned pinkish upon reading that set of verse. The young Inazuman lad knew more than he let on, even picking up on the feelings she'd had for a certain leader of her nation. Such an observant lad. He'll have a big role once I have told her.

The singing  sailors below the viewing deck suddenly fell silent, signifying that their special guest has arrived. When Beidou and Kazuha arrived at the scene, she was surprised to find out that Ningguang had come, but also the famed Traveller twins, Aether and Lumine. Realizing that she has yet to tell everyone about her other plan, she stood in front of the people she has come to view as family.

“Welcome, welcome to the Foundation Day party of the Crux Fleet. Years of hardships has forged stronger friendships for all of us. Today, we celebrate the strength of such bonds, and today, I open a new chapter for my… personal life as well." spoke she.

Aether, Lumine and Ningguang looked at each other, intrigued by the last statement. Kazuha proceeded to put up the Haiku on the wall, making the other sailors smile.

“Really?"

“Oh my, Captain Beidou's gonna—"

“Shhh, let her say it herself! "

Ningguang took delicate steps towards her long time partner, stopping right in front of Kazuha's haiku.  How am I supposed to say this? I am good at making speeches in front of everyone, but not ones related to love!

“Ningguang, I have known you for a while. You are many things; beautiful, graceful and most of all, a woman of fortitude. We were both poor, growing up. Now look at us; Ship Captain, and Liyue'a governess. "

“I may not disagree with your way of getting your goods, but I respect your dedication. You're not the Uncrowned Lord of the Ocean for nothing, and i… have come to admire you from atop the Jade Chamber." Ningguang confessed.

Aethrr and Lumine exchanged smiles, while Kazuha held back one of his own. It was rather unlike the blunt captain to stall while stating her intentions.

“Uncrowned Lord of the Ocean? That's meaningless when I can't protect someone… like you. It's high time I ask yii; will marry me? " 

The sailors' jaws were on the floor as their captain pulled out a gold ring with a yellow topaz gem on it.  Ningguang weighed her options, and finally pulled out an article of her own. Another ring of black gold, with amethysts decorating it.

“Yes. I'll gladly be your lady of the sea."

The duo shared an embrace as the sailors and the traveller twins clapped their hands. The party soon became a double celebration that lasted through the night.

༺❘✦━.·:*✦*:·.━✦❘༻