Chapter 4: Family Feud Dinner Party

*Ashoka's POV*

Padme, Anakin, Duchess Hope, General Kenobi, and I were all sitting at the dinging room table about to eat supper. A beautiful chestnut wood table from Naboo rests in the center of the room. A purple cloth ran down the middle of it with two brass candelabras on top of the cloth. We all have white glass plates with a golden stripe surrounding the edge of the plate and utensils at our place settings. For supper, the chiefs prepared Gi dumpling soup, Tiingilar Stew, and Uj'alayi all served with Mandalorian wine. Gi dumpling soup is a soup made with dumpling fish. Tiingilar Stew is a traditional stew prepared with different blends of meat, vegetable, and spice. Uj'alayi or Uj cake is a traditional dessert that is filled with nuts, dried fruit, and sweet spiced syrup. We are now on the first course of Gi dumpling soup which tastes very fishy. I was never a fan of this dish but it is tradition to serve this to any visiting members of the Senate. No one has spoken a single word since the waiters brought the bowls out. There is so much tension in this room between Anakin and Padme, and Obi-Wan and Hope. I sense that the tension between my master and best friend must be something more personal....marriage. Wow, Anakin broke the Jedi code for Padme! That makes sense cause he lights up whenever she walks into a room. I focus my attention on Obi-Wan and Hope after the initial shock that Anakin got busy. I sense that Obi-Wan has a connection with Hope and he loves her. That can't be possible, she's like nineteen! Wait, that's not quite right....he's her FATHER! Wow, Anakin was actually right about Satine being Obi-Wan's girlfriend. With all of this in mind, that leaves the mediation to me.

"So...How was everyone's day?" I inquire innocently which is only received by a few grunts of acknowledgement.

"Okay then. Has anyone seen the gardens recently? They are just breathtaking, I think Senator Amidala would appreciate their beauty." I comment conversationally as the rest of us sit in dead hostile silence.

"Hmm, I think you are right, Snips. She would enjoy them but only for a short time, only to help console someone else's feelings." Anakin comments as he continues to sip his soup. Padme looks astounded by his comment in front of the party.

"You have a point General but that said garden only tires of the outbursts of the person visiting." Padme quickly quips back at him once she recovered as he scowls at her.

"Trouble in paradise, Anakin?" Of course Obi-Wan had to poke fun at Anakin in an already very testy situation.

"Shut up, Obi-wan." Both Skywalker and Hope bark at the exact same time.

"Duchess, I think you would also love the gardens more if you considered the full story in full." Obi-wan then has to pull more metaphorical crap.

"ALRIGHT! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! YOU ALL HAVE BEEN IN THIS TERRABLE MOOD SINCE WE SAT DOWN! EITHER TALK TO EACH OTHER OR MOVE ON!" I explode and everyone else looks at me in shock. Padme then gets up from the table and walks down the hallway to the gardens. She meets my eyes and I see her chocolate brown eyes sparkling with tears. Of course Anakin said something stupid again. He never thinks before he speaks which is probably why "aggressive negotiations with a lightsaber" always happens right off the bat. I look over at my master and give him a "what did you do now" look. He shakes his head in a "stay out of this" kind of way. I roll my eyes at him and try to fix the tension between Obi-Wan and Hope. I nudge Obi-Wan and look in Hope's direction. Obi-Wan shakes his head quickly back and forth.

"Okay, I am sorry for my outburst but this is ridiculous. You all are friends and you care about each other. Look we all need to be there for Hope and we can't do that when everyone is fighting like children. So, Master go talk to the Senator, Master Kenobi talk with Hope, and I will go up to our chambers to meditate. Good?" I order in the Commander voice I use with my troops.

"Okay." They all mumble in agreement as I finish my soup and walk out of the dining room up the stairs. Hopefully this will work and we can get back to the task at hand.