CHAPTER TWO: LIVE AGAIN

She thought  that death would be scary. It is supposed to be impactful.  Pinakamalaking event dapat ng buhay ng isang tao. 

But she died from the most cliche way-'traffic accident'.

Naramdaman  niya iyong  'impact' in a literal sense. 

She thought that she would be scared but she felt...nothing at all.

Instead, why did she felt that she lived her life so boringly?

Well, that is not important right now...

'Ha, what will happen to my family?' 

That's the first thing that came into her mind when she sorted her thoughts. She is the eldest and masiyado pang bata ang kapatid niya. Her parents were also not young anymore.

"Ashianna Gomez?" Punong puno ng tanong at pag-aalala ang isipan niya until she heard a voice calling her name.

'Wait-how am I able to think consciously, diba patay na ako? Who is this perso-teka tao ba ito?'

Inangat niya ang tingin niya sa isang pigura ng babae. There's a mysterious light surrounding her and her face were all covered with white cloth. Tanging ang mga mata niya lamang ang nakikita ni Ash. 

They were surrounded by white walls. There's nothing there aside from  them.

"Where am I? Who are you?"

"I am Rhea, one of the steward of souls. Currently, you are in the dimension between life and afterlife."

'So afterlife do really exist?'

'I am torn between regret and acceptance right now. Okay lang naman sa akin na tumawid sa afterlife but I know my family still needs me. It is still too early...'

"What will happen to me now Rhea?"

Random thoughts keep buzzing inside her mind. She couldn't help to overthink.

"Dear, I know that you have a lot of worries right know. " She clapped her hand delightedly. "Don't worry, the higher ups granted you three wishes bago ka tumawid sa afterlife because of your good deeds when you was still alive. You can tell me your wishes anytime you want. But remember, it couldn't be revival of life."

'Three wishes?'

She was relieved to hear that she can still help her family. 

She took a deep breathe before saying her first wish. "Can I ask for an abundant and happy life for my family? That is my first wish Rhea."

Nakita ko ang bahagyang paggalaw ng labi ni Rhea sa ibabaw ng telang tumatakip sa mukha niya. "We are watching you from above since you were a kid Ash. We all know how are you living you're life so far. Are you still going to use your first wish for them? I don't understand humans." Bakas ko ang pagkalito sa tono niya.

I looked at her for a second. "I..." 

She may not lived her life well but she knew her feelings. She love her family.

"Rhea, I just simply love them. I know that I lived my life for the sake of others but I am still thankful to have a reason to live. I am thankful to have a purpose. "

Bahagyang bumuntong hininga si Rhea. "I still don't understand you humans. But if that's what you want, I will process your request. " May inilibas siya na isang clear na tablet si Rhea sa kaniyang non-existent na bulsa.

Ash solemn face before was now startled. Witnessing 'magical' things that she read from books before is still a new experience for her.

Seems like technology is also incorporated here in afterlife.

'click' Rinig ang malakas na tunog sa paligid nila. Ash assumed that it is already processed.

"Ash, your wish number one is already consumed. Your family was granted a success in your business that will last for your next generations. Meanwhile, your brother was granted an abundant career as a singer and later on will have a happy marriage. Your family's fortune was already secured." Rhea happily said to her.

She sighed in relief.

"Do you plan to consume your second wish right now Ash?" Her smile froze. What else is there for her to wish?

"H-honestly, I don't know Rhea..." Aside from her family, she thought that any desire would be pointless right now.

"Dear, let me tell you, this is your another chance. You can ask for anything, no one is restricting you." Her eyes looked at Ash directly.

Later on, Rhea took a deep breathe. "Hmm... how about this, do you want to experience life?"

Life? Didn't she already felt it?

...she did?

"I..."

It took her a while to finally look at Rhea decisively. This time, she was not aware that something flickered into her eyes. A desire that's been sleeping for awhile awakened inside her.

She gave her a faint smile. "My second wish is....I want to experience life Rhea."

Her eyes shone with happiness as she replied. "Then Ashianna Gomez, for your second wish, I will let you experience life until you will be able to wish something for yourself. Goodluck!"

Ash was startled when she felt a heavy pressure on her body. She panicked because of the strange force that was sucking her into whole.

She just saw Rhea happily waving her hand. "I will wait for you third wish. Have fun!"

Ashianna heard a loud sound from her surroundings. Mukhang nanggaling ito sa isang malakas na sampal na-huh?

She was shocked to see what's currently happening right now. There is a girl that's crying in front of her. Napansin niya rin ang kumpol ng cookies na nasa sahig.

But what's strange is that the girl is looking at her with hatred in her eyes. That's when she noticed that her left hand is on the air.

'Huh?'

"A-ash I-I a-am sorry, h-hindi k-ko alam..." Contrary from her eyes, she pleaded innocently. Why is this girl explaining to her?

She looked around her surroundings. Mukhang nasa hallway sila ng school, everyone is wearing an elite school uniform. Bakit mukhang pang highschool iyong suot nila? 

MOST IMPORTANTLY, WHY DID IT SEEM LIKE THE SLAP WAS FROM HER?!

Maya maya, she was bombarded with strange memories. She can't help but to stumble while standing dahil sa bigat at dami ng mga alaala na pumapasok sa utak niya.

'W-why do I have these memories?'

"A-ash?" Everyone is buzzing around her. Iyong babaeng umiiyak ay mukhang tumakbo na kung saan habang ang mga babaeng nasa likod niya naman ay naguguluhang inalalayan siya.

She can't handle the pressure anymore until 'her body' collapsed.

She suddenly remembered the messenger of soul's message to her before she departed.

'Have fun?'

'IS THIS EXACTLY FUN TO YOU!?'

W-why does she have Ashianna Fauster's memory, the villainess from the movie Clara wrote?

The last thing she remembered before closing her eyes were the curses she said inside her head. 

Unknowingly, she was frowning until she lost her consciousness.