Chapter 2 - Iliana

Alana smiled as she walked through the annihilated village. It was amazing! She had at least three hundred more soldiers to add to her growing army. She was going to have her land soon. She had to tell her father. Before Alana could take off, she heard a rustle behind her. Had the Screams forgot somebody? Pulling out her sword, Alana spun around, only to be greeted by none other than her sister. Smirking, Alana sheathed her sword.

 "Hello, sister."

 "Alana. Have I frightened you?"

 "Answer that one yourself. Still as silent as a shadow, I see."

 "What did you do to the place? I love it."

 "Just adding to the army. I haven't seen you around."

 "No, I've been busy."

 "With what? You do realize father doesn't appreciate when we go off to do  something on our own. He thinks that we'll end up like mother."

 "Mother was stupid. He was right to kill her."

 "Narene!" Alana exclaimed. She had never once heard her sister speak like that.

 "Alana. You can't let emotions get in the way," said her twin sister.

 She glared at Narene. "I am not letting my emotions get in the way. I don't  even care if mother was killed or not, I am just... surprised that you would say that. We never even met her."

  "At least he has a picture of her still up."

 Alana almost smiled. "He only has that picture in his chambers, how did you see it?"

 Narene winked, "The same way you did."

 "The pendant showed me."

 Narene sighed. "Well, daddy's girl. I'll be on my way. See you in another five  years!" she over-exaggerated.

 Alana moved faster than light. She took out Nigrum and pressed it against Narene's throat.

 "You call me that again, and I promise I will kill you."

 Narene smirked. "Affirmative. You never break your promises anyway. Now, get off me."

 Alana jumped off of her twin. "You have been gone for five years and you're going away for another five years? Where do you go? Father will want to see you before your departure."

 "I don't care what father wants, and it's none of your business. Do you see me prying?"

 "That's because you already know."

 Rolling her eyes, Narene vanished. Alana considered calling out to her, but it was too late. Besides, she couldn't let her emotions get in the way. It was hard. Narene looked exactly like her mother.

I woke up slowly but as soon as I smelled the burning scent I jumped upright. What was I doing in a cage? I'm not an animal.

"Do you mind keeping it down?" I jumped at Stephon's voice. What was he doing here?

"I'm not even speaking to you, Stephon," I said.

"That's what you think."

"Do you have a comeback for everything?" I asked, annoyed.

"Yes."

Sighing, I looked around. We seemed to be in... a cave? Yes. The ceiling was high, but it was definitely made out of rocks and mud. The cave was also huge.