CH.6 GENESIS

They all had opened fire, shadows being taken down effortlessly and unprepared dragons of shadows taking to the sky, abandoning their riders without a second thought.

The battle of the Prison had just begun.

As Soap took cover, he ran a hand down his Mohawk, which had grown longer since the time he was placed in this fuckery. He honestly liked it this long. A bullet whizzed past him. Hair talk later.

He looked over his cover and begin to shoot, sending a presence beside him he looked to his right and found Ghost. His heart fluttered. The man's eyes were so alive, not frozen like they were before. They were filled with so much emotion that swam in their murky depths. His own personal ocean had created violent waves that crashed into each other.

He was so beautiful.

"Focus, Johnny!" Shit, he was caught.

With flushed cheeks, he began to shoot again, "Yes, sir!"

After a while, everything went silent. He waited and waited, peering over his cover multiple times and scanning the area for any more threats.

"Appears clear, Colonel!" Rudy called to his lover.

"No threats!" Ghost confirmed, Soap heard the man shift beside him.

"Regroup on the door." Alejandro instructed.

Weaponry littered the ground, matching the bodies. Some lacked weapons, either caught off guard, or they had been seized by the Vaqueros.

"It's padlocked." Rudy said, looking to Ghost. The man hummed.

"I got it." Simon removed the bolt cutters from his pack once more.

"Siempre preparada, el Fantasma." Alejandro muttered, before kicking open the door. "Weapons hot, hermanos. Stairwell leads down and out. We'll link up with the others and exfil the fuck out of here."

Soap found himself looking at Ghost, his black face paint clashed against his white eyelashes. He wondered if his hair matched his eyelashes? Would his hair be white? Maybe blonde? He gulped, looking away when the man turned to him.

"Alright, Johnny?" Fucking hell.

"Aye." He replied as casually as he could, looking at the man once again. His eyes were so beautiful, he would never get over them. They didn't look like a frozen lake no more, instead they were cracking and splitting apart to reveal the warmest color underneath.

Ghost studied him for a second, then turned away. He walked away and Johnny followed like a Well-trained dog. Maybe he was.

They continued the gunfight, asking Rudy directions and following his lead.
Rodolfo was extremely quiet, only giving necessary information before pushing ahead. It was honestly scary. He was glad both him and Alejandro were on their side.

They cut through a building, Soap blowing a hole through the chest of some poor Shadow. "These Shadows are crazy."

"Mercenaries, Johnny." Ghost muttered. "Bloody wannabes. Appears quiet. Take anything we can to use stay in the fight, Johnny."

"I'll gain an OP up top and cover by fire. The rest of you, wait for my signal." Alejandro hauled Rudy upstairs with him, the man yelling in surprise then giggling.

"Copy." Soap said smiling.

....

Nuri lifted her head at the sounds of war, she could it, her human was close. He had come. He was here. So close, yet so far away.

She tugged on her chains, growling in aggravation. She needed to help. She needed to be there protecting him! She wailed, flapping her wings violently and stomping her feet. She needed to be there for him, to ensure he'd live.