Deserve the Moon

*Ray Pov*

"Mmm" I said flipping over my pillow to the cool side. I was greeted by the morning light through the white curtains that blew as the fall breeze guided its way through the room touching my skin.

"Ray. Its time. We've put this off for long enough." It sounded like a Angel was talking. I turned to see Angela in a see through white rob showing her red see through lingerie. I smiled looking at the sight. She got out the bed rolling off the sheets carefully. Every move was filled with beauty. It feels like I'm in a dream.

Before I knew it she wrapped my arm around her neck helping me to the bathroom. I'm still not sure if this is a dream. She walked up to me and smiled unbuttoning my shirt. I stared at her while she took off my pants and boxers. I leaned in for a kiss just to be thumped on my head.

"Quit day dreaming Ray and pay attention" Angela said laughing.

"The doctor said you cannot get your arm wet yet nor your jaw. So I'ma help you bathe" she said helping me in the tub. She placed my arms on the sides of the bathtub on a warm towel. I soaked in the bathtub while she got everything ready.

Angela sat a table down in front of me, holding a Laptop, bowl of grapes and wine.

"Woah I thought you said bath" I said chuckling. Angela rolled her eyes and smiled.

"Ray its going to take awhile. Unless..you don't want all of this? Are you complaining because I can just save this for me. Mm? Yea?" She said with a cheeky smile.

"Oh no no no I'm more than thankful. Thank you. I'll be enjoying myself happily" I said returning the cheeky smile. Angela laughed and nodded her head.

I sat there watching a horror movie and enjoying myself while Angela massaged and gave me a bath. Man..that sounds weird.

•••••

"Alright done. Now put on your clothes and you should be ready to go." Angela said handing me a stack of clothes. I nodded and  got out the tub to carefully dry off.

"Uh thanks. Truly." I said drying my hair.

"No problem. Your friends said they had business to resume to and mom got your step mother far far from here." She said folding some clothes while turning her back from me. Out of respect which is what I admire about her.

"Veronica..I don't understand what my father sees in that bitch" I said blankly looking at the mirror.

"I say as long as he's happy that's all that matters. Though if I'm being honest. Please excuse my words, I'm not apart of the family. Its just what I see. He's forcing himself" Angela said hanging up clothes.

"What you mean?" I said trying to understand.

"Sì let me tell you. The other day not once did your father smiled, held her hand, introduced her. Not anything. On records it doesn't even say he got remarried. He doesn't love her. He lost your mom and that crushed him. So he found someone who he thought is the one. Now he's stuck between worlds he doesn't want to face. So he's shutting out reality. Reality is in your mother is gone and Veronica isn't the one." Angela said. I could tell she was sad from the reflection of the mirror.

"I..never thought of it that way..damn dad.." I said sighing.

Angela slowly nodded and looked at me.

"Welp dinner will be ready by time you come out. If not feel free to sit on the couch and watch TV." She said blinking away tears. I wanted to ask what's wrong but something told me not yet. I nodded a sad smile and with that she left.

What happened for her to be so broken?

Slipping on my clothes that was provided for me, I looked in the mirror. I'm wearing a wine red turtle neck with black ripped jeans. I slipped on black socks and jogged downstairs.

"Hey..Angela..about earlier.. Are you okay?" I said nervously rubbing the back of my neck. She turned around. To a sight that broke me. Tears was streaming down her face, eyes bloodshot red, lips quivering and puffy red cheeks.

"Angela!?" I said rushing into the kitchen. I hugged her tight. We stood there for which felt like hours. I carried her to the sofa fit for  2 families. I layed her head on my chest as I spooned her.

"Angela... Mi amore.. Please tell me what's troubling you.." I said kissing her head. She calmed down and sighed a shaken breath.

"I know what he's feeling... I had my first 'love' he turned out to be a liar..a cheater..an abuser..I couldn't let him go because I thought I loved him..but I was blinded because I didn't want to be all alone. Nobody wanted me. Only he saw me for me...but going through that just made me realize how disgusting people can be..your dad is a kind man...he doesn't deserve that... He doesn't need that pain Ray...speak to him..please" Angela said between cries. I was full of anger and sadness. She's only 17 and went through such a heart break.

"I'll talk to him I promise... If only you let me help you.. Like you've helped me...let me cook dinner..let me care for you..principessa" I said cuddling her close.

"No no your hurt and..and I can't just lay-" before she could finish, I sat us up to a sitting position. Her body on my lap and head on my chest.

"Angela..you deserve the moon yet you never ask for it. I may be hurt yes but, I hurt you too. Yet, you still by past that pain to take care of a man..take care of me..whom you practically just met..A thousand words I want to say right now but only 5 can come out. Let Me Care For You." I said rubbing her plump thighs and holding her waist. She wiped away her tears and did a sad smile.

"Your not taking no for an answer are you" she said with the same sad smile while staring at the white furry rug. She played with my fingers while wiping away runaway tears.

"Yeah..Ima do it..like it or not" I said kissing her cheek. She smiled softly and leaned in closer into my chest. Soon falling asleep.

My dear Angela. My love. No one will hurt you as long as I'm here.