A Gilded Cage

The Mad Dog of Gotham

Part 2

The night in Bludhaven passes again and Y/N was back to work. It was going well for the most part. Guests were enjoying themselves as usual and money was being earned at every single moment. Though this is how Y/N would spend his time as he waits a call from Harley in case he is needed in a job.

He needed enough money after all if he wanted to get out of the city but he made sure to keep this...side job a secret. The image of being just a random civilian may be fading but Y/N does his best keeping the image up. Otherwise, things won't go smoothly for him.

Y/N sighed to himself wondering how long would it take him but he felt like he was getting close to his goal. He adjusts his bowtie and gets himself ready to work as the club's manager.

He walks down the staircase, hearing the soft and smooth sound of the music the band was playing and the chattering of all the guests that were all around the club. Y/N looked around the club to see if things are doing alright. His head stops looking when he sees a waiter near the beam, his head hung low and he seemed to be zoning out.

Y/N approached him to see if he was okay.

Y/N:"Hey, got a minute?"

Troubled Waiter:"....."

Y/N:"Ahem."

Troubled Waiter:"Huh? *turns around to look at Y/N* Ack, sir! S-Sorry about that! What can I do for you?"

Y/N:"Can you call Kanae for me? I need to have a word with her."

Troubled Waiter:"Yessir! Of course!"

The troubled waiter walked away to do what Y/N told him. Though, Y/N had sensed something was wrong. He'd never seen one of the waiters space out like this and it's his job as the manager to make sure everybody who works here are in shape to work. Both physically and mentally.

Y/N:"Hmm..."

Flashback

At the office, as Y/N was getting himself ready for work, the floor manager approaches him and greets him.

Floor Manager:"Looking sharp as ever, sir

Floor Manager:"Looking sharp as ever, sir. Ready to get back to work?"

Y/N:"Yeah. How's the staff lookin' these days?"

Floor Manager:"No major concerns to speak of. Although..."

Y/N:"Out with it."

Floor Manager:"The hostess we got in last month, Kanae-chan. She seems to be butting heads with some of the other girls. Especially Sakurako-chan."