chapter seventeen

"are we...here, venti?"

her eyes didn't leave the white mansion displayed in front of them — it was styled like the houses in victorian era where royalties or rich people live, something picturesque and something that would absolutely make your mouth part with its unique design and the amount of dreamy flowers planted in front of it. in contrast to its charming appearance, the mansion was shaking and booming loudly with incomprehensible sound of music mixed with the laughter and giggles of people inside it.

the door was slightly ajar, yet the faint coming strong smell of liquor, cigarettes, and sweats attacked her nose, making her step back until lumine held her wrist, "ready, y/n?"

she took another step backward, "n-no.." she laughed awkwardly, staring at the mansion again and wincing because of the dizzying smell. "i think... i think i cannot do this — just, i feel —"

"you agreed to come with us though." venti pouted, obviously manipulating her to come in and it was working. "what's wrong? this is how a party is supposed to look and smell. besides, you can stay on the second floor." he explained, hu tao backing him up with convincing remarks.

the night was still young and the energy inside never seemed to falter, she stumbled uncomfortably on her three-inch heel, the cold breeze of the wind brushed against her bare shoulders causing her to shiver lightly, her hand held the denim jacket tightly. "well, yes, i could but like... you guys would also be there with me, right?"

"right!" and that was the cue for them to go inside. she didn't even get the chance to take one last breath because venti had already pulled them inside and the ocean of people swaying with the loud bass of music and the eye-blinding lights of the rolling disco ball completely overwhelmed her. "you'd be fine." lumine, in white dress with her hair in low-ponytail, assured with a comforting smile.

apparently, today is childe's birthday, and being the rich and friendliest friend he was, he decided to throw a huge party for his 18th birthday celebration — by rich, the house was absolutely huge, probably the biggest house she'd ever seen, and by friendliest – she could spot some foreigners and many unfamiliar faces who all seemed to know childe well.

then, they spotted childe in a dark-blue tux, his orange hair was messy yet looked presentable, he reeked perfume with a mixture of alcohol. "ayo!" his cheeks were flushed.