Chapter 1 Just a Joke

"What Is Love? How does it start? And when will it end? What does love look like? What does it smell? How does love feel? For me love started as just one joke among friends".
Awatea was drinking with her friends the atmosphere was chill and of course there of course would of been a lot of jokes "Awatea u black stop being a lonely muttand talk with people" shouted Zey over the blaring music "yeah Awatea" agreed Hinehou and Tyesha "watch it Zeyounce before i start chatting up to your uncle Zion" Awatea screamed angrily. Everyone around started to laugh hysterically at Awateas snarky remark as she has been teasing her best friend Zeyounce about dating her uncle who wasnt even that older then Awatea for ages. But surprisingly after that remark and jet black trucks headlight drives into the yard of the house of the party and through the shining headlights a tall staunch figure appears it was in fact Zeyounces uncle Zion that Awateas been jokingly eyeing up. "Hey everyone im not to late am i" explained Zion in a kind tone as everyone rushed up to him to say hi Awatea stayed put in her seat as she hides her face blushing at the fact Zion might heard her remarks about wanting to date him. While everyone was going back to drinking and dancing after greeting Zion he comes up to Awatea to say hi "hey Awatea how have you been" Zion said being oblivious to all the stuffs Awateas been saying they end up chatting for so long without even noticing the downpour happening outside. As Awatea frantically trys to cover up her freshly straightened hair from getting messed up from the rain leaking on her from the holes in the sheds roof. "Hey you can sit in my spot if you like to" Zion said in a kind tone "oh no I'm alright" Awatea exclaimed so she didn't seem a bother to her so called spouse. After that kind rejection Zion proceeds to take off his jacket revealing his slim and tall figure to offer to Awatea to protect her silky smooth hair from getting messed up. "Here take this to keep you from getting wet" Zion said Awatea accepted the kind gift from Zion as she trys to hide her pink face from Zion to not embarrass herself infrony of Zion. She proceeds to sniff the jacket she could smell his jacket which smelt like a flower garden she was surprised by the smell usually teen boys smell like BO and lynx spray Awatea thanks him as Zion smiles at her which gave her butterflies. The party continues throughout the night and Awatea starts to drift off to sleep from being intoxicated and sleep deprived she leaves the shed to lie down in the bedroom for awhile for peace and quiet to her surprise she finds some of her friends in the room also lying down in the bedroom. Zey and Zion who are worried and want to check up on everyone go into the house to see if everybody is alright. Zey trys to open the bedroom door but the doorknob was broken and couldn't open from the outside "oi Zion ask your missus Awatea if their alright in there" Zion starts to blush at the statement Zey said. He proceeds to yell "Hey Awatea are you guys ok in there" she opens the door to see them both soaking wet being able to see through Zions white t-shirt startled she slams the door in front of both of them embarrassed in what she did bangs her head against the wall in embarrassment after awhile the drinking died down and everyone dozed off to sleep except for a couple of people.
Awatea who couldn't get any sleep from the snoring of the 5 other people in the bedroom decides to sleep in the chilly sitting room as she starts to doze off into sleep Zion walks in and sees Awatea shivering he grabs the blanket he had and lays it on Awatea delicately to not startle her again then walks to where he was going to sleep that night as nightfall ends and everyone falls asleep but two people in that house going to sleep with more then alcohol in their heart but butterflies aswell.