Chapter Twelve

Chapter 12.

Jack P.O.V

Buzz. Buzz. Buzz. Buzz. What the hell is that? I ask myself. I sit up in bed, looking around for the unidentified sound. Buzz. Buzz. Buzz. “Ah Ha! Gotcha” I say, half asleep. I pick up my cell phone and I get up and walk out into the hall, being careful not to wake up Jess.

“Hello?”

“Hi Jacky-Poo”

“Ugh, mom, it is like 8 in the morning, why exactly are you calling me?”

“You’re sister had the baby!”

“No way! Are you serious?! That’s amazing!” I say a little too loud. “Girl or boy?”

“She had a little boy. Jack, he’s perfect.” My mom says and I can tell she is crying. I smile

“Tell Sarah I’ll be down to visit by lunch time. But I have to go.”

“Okay Jack. Be careful. I love you” My mom says and I smile

“Love you too, Ma. See you later.” I hang up and carefully walk back into the room. I quietly crawl back into bed, too excited to go back to bed. Gosh, I feel like a kid on Christmas morning. I lie on my side, looking down at her sleep. So peaceful and beautiful. Man am I perving or what? I carefully run my hand through her hair.

“Mmmmm” She moans, stirring in her sleep. I quickly pull my hand away. She rolls onto her stomach, draping her arm over my stomach. I smile, my heart literally melting at the site of her. My girl, sleeping like an angel. I don’t know what I would do if she ever left me.

I look down at the alarm clock and I notice its 10:30am now. I have to get ready to meet up with Sarah and her little miracle. I move a little and I go to get up and her arm tightens around me. “No stay” she mumbles quietly.

I chuckle a bit. “Jess?” I ask. She turns her head on the pillow, now looking at me. I smile

“Well good morning, sunshine” I say and she smiles and rolls her eyes.

“No, it’s bedtime” She mutters and closes her eyes, pulling the comforter up and curling up into the fetal position. I can’t help but smile.

“Fine. You don’t have to come with me to meet my sister’s new born baby” I say and I look down at her.

“What are you talking about?”

“Oh, uh my older sister had her baby early this morning and I was going to go visit her around lunch time. Would you like to accompany me, Miss Hogan?” I ask

She rolls onto her back, looking up at me. “You have a sister?” She asks and I can’t help but laugh.

“Yeah, there’s a lot you don’t know about me, but I’d be happy to tell you. But only if you come with me today.”

“What time do you plan on going?”

“I wanted to leave around 12pm. So we would get there around 1-1:30pm.” I say smiling and I crawl and hover over her.

“I’ll come with you” She says and I smile “Jack?”

“Yeah?”

“We can’t leave until I shower. And I can’t shower until you get off of me” She says and I can’t help but laugh. I nod and I roll off her, landing on my back next to her.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Jess P.O.V.