Chapter Eighteen

Chapter 18          Picnic. Mud. Steamy Showers

Jess P.O.V.

“Jack? Where are we going?”

“I told you I would take you somewhere special when you got out, didn’t I?”

“You did, but you didn’t say that you were taking me as soon as I left the hospital” I say as the two of us walk to his car in the parking lot. He chuckles and looks over at me.

“Well do you want to?”

“Can I go home and shower first? I feel dirty.”

“Of course, but we are 3 hours away from home.”

“Oh uh then can I shower at your parents?” I ask as we get to his car. He opens the door for me and smiles

“I mean I guess so”

I nod and we pull out of the parking lot. He parks his car in the garage and we walk inside. I walk upstairs and over to my bag of clothes.

“Jack?”

“Yeah babe?”

“Where are we going tonight?”

“Can’t tell you. It’s a secret.”

“Fine. Then what should I wear?”

“Uh where something comfortable, I guess.” He calls out from downstairs.

“You’re no help!” I yell down as I step into the shower. I get out of the shower and dry and straighten my hair, pushing my bangs back with a simple headband. I look through my bag at the clothes that I packed. “Ugh, what should I wear?!” I ask myself. I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist and a chin resting on my shoulder.

“Let me pick your outfit out, and you can pick mine” Jack says smiling. I nod and sit down on his bed.

“Work your magic, Mr. Morris.” I say smiling as I sit cross legged on his bed, playing with my phone. I get up and walk over to Jack’s bag and I start picking out an outfit for him.

“Are you done yet?”

“Almost, no peeking!” I say smiling “Okay, ready? 1….2….3!” I say and we both step away from the outfits, immediately laughing.

“Great minds think alike” Jack says trying not to laugh. I smile and nod

“Guess so, pretty boy. Guess so”

I pick out a blue plaid shirt with white and dark red thin lines along with a pair of blue jeans and Jack picks out a red white and blue plaid shirt with a grey tank top and a pair of blue jeans for me.

I smile and look up at him. “People are either going to think we are weird as hell. Or a very cute couple”

“Hmm, I kind of hope it’s the first one to be honest with you. I mean don’t get me wrong, I want people to be jealous over what we have and all, but I can’t wait to see the looks of the people who think we are weird!”

“You would, Jack” I say and he chuckles and nods.

“I know” He whispers and kisses me quickly. “Did you take your medicine?”

I look up at him and roll my eyes. “I’m not a child”

“I know you’re not. My dad told me to just make sure. Are you?”

I look up at Jack and smile slightly and shake my head, biting my lower lip. “Uh no?”

“Jess!”