Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I sat in front of Mr. Steel's desk with my hands crossed over my lap, shaking my leg nervously.

Claire had said that he would return in about five minutes. I had been sitting here for twenty.

'Maybe I should leave" I thought to myself as i quietly chewed on my lower lip.

No sooner had I finished that thought did the door behind me suddenly whip open and slam off of the wall. I jumped and quickly stood up.

As i turned around, i had almost choked.

In front of me stood the most gorgeous man I had ever laid eyes on. Typical, I know.

He seemed a little over six foot tall compared to my petit 5'4" frame, even in heels. His bright blue eyes raked over me in a way that almost made me feel nude. I pursed my red lips before smiling politely at him.

"And who in the hell are you?" the man said crossing his arms.

I extended my hand calmly after tucking my resume into my other hand, "Hello sir, I'm Nicole Rossi and I'm here to be interviewed by Mr. Steel for the new PA position"

"Well, it's your lucky day because I am him" he said as he walked past my hand after giving it a long stare. Did my nails look that bad?

I gave my hand a quick glance before I sighed and sat back down as he walked around and seated himself behind his desk.

"Now, Mrs. Rossi..." He began

"It's Miss. Rossi, I'm not married sir" I said as politely as I could.

"Right" he said sharply as he rolled his eyes and looked over at his laptop and quickly punched something into the keyboard.

"I see here that you graduated in the top ten percent of your class at Boston University and majored in both psychology and business. Excellent, I must say"

"Thank you" I said and smiled again. My face was sure to get stuck into that sickly sweet  smile permanently.

"Now usually, I wouldn't hire your type, you know the whole blond bimbo thing but if you're as good as your records say you are, you start bright and early Monday, seven in the morning. I want my coffee, black, sitting on my desk by seven fifteen-no later- and I will arrive at seven twenty. Congratualtions, now goodbye" Mr. Steel said in a very monotone voice. I bit my tongue at the bimbo comment and nodded, said my thanks, and calmly made my way out of the building.

Blond bimbo my ass. I would show him how much of a "bimbo" I was. Who even used that word anymore? It was lke I was tossed back into Clueless and was supposed to be best friends with Cher. He was already a pain in my ass and I had even started working for him yet.

I pulled my hair out of the tight bun, sighed triumphantly as i shook my hair into a cascade of waves onto my back, and walked towars to curb to hail a cab.

This called for a celebration.

Mr. Steel's POV****

I sighed loudly and tossed my pen back onto the desk.

Who was that girl? Why in the hell was she in New York City? And why in the flying fuck was she working for me?

There was something about her that I couldn't say no to. She was going to be a problem, I already knew that.

I already knew I needed to get rid of her. Something was obviously wrong if my rivals had fired her after already, and they were always trying to work up their staff to try and outrun me. I scoffed at the thought. That would never work.