Chapter 1

The Complicated Girl

Chapter 1

The humid May air swirled around me along with the pounding music seeping from my car's stereo. It was the first time in eight years that I was back in my home town. I could feel my heart race faster as i drove closer and closer to the structure that i used to call home

Being back was nerve-wracking. I didn't know what my mother would dare to say to me or how my father would try to keep her calm. 

I parked my shiny silver Cadillac on the road behind the house and began to make my way towards the back door. I hadn't called or warned my family in any way that I would be stopping by.

'they should be excited,' i thought, 'they haven't seen me in eight stupid years'

I knocked on the back door and waited as patiently as i could. A few seconds passed and a very disheveled woman opened the door.

"Mom?" I asked

"Nikki!" she exclaimed wrapping me in an overly tight hug

"Is that my Nickle?" I heard my dad yell from his spot on the couch in the other room

I wiggled free of my mothers grasp and ran towards my dad.

"Hey dad" i said as i wrapped in in a hug

"It's been so long Nicole, eight whole years. But i'm proud of you."

"I know, I did it" I said smiling as i sat down next to him on the couch. my mother leaned against the door frame with a dish towl in her hands.

"Yeah, but did you get a job yet?" my mother sneered

I could feel my blood boil as i stared at her face.

"I just graduated last month" I stated in an exasperated tone

"So? you wasted all of your money going to college and double majoring and you don't even have a job yet"

"Sharon" my father said softly

"I have applications in at plenty of places already mom, i just haven't gotten a call back. its called being patient"

"well, all of my patience is gone so will you please leave" my mother yelled. She always did this. We always fought.

"gladly." I said standing up. Turning around, I gave an apologetic look to my father and walked out of the house.

Now i remembered why I never came back home. Ever since the accident...

I wiped the tears of frustration out of my eyes and slammed my car door shut. Turning the engine over, i slammed my foot on the gas and drove as fast as i could away from any memories from before college.

________________________________________

so i'm starting this new story along with working on Lovers Lane. give it a shot. I know that chapter seems boring as hell but it's going to get interesting soon.