Wait, you can see me?~

Leonora Lesso x FemaleGhost!reader | Mother: N/A |Father: N/A| Reader is an Never  | Reader is a ghost | Leonora is still a student | Leonora is 19 years old | Impossible love |

I've been here for years. Watching. Listening. I've kept my eye on the school, protecting it, since I died. But recently I've been keeping a closer eye on something else. Or rather someone. She's beautiful. She's smart. She's truly amazing.

She likes to read. She, despite being a good girl, sneaks out in the middle of the night. She likes the moonlight. She doesn't really have friends- those that are, talk about her behind her back. I hate them for taking her for granted. She deserves better then them. Someone who sees her the way I see her. 

She sometimes overworks herself to keep up with her classes, even though she's top of her class. She's one of the most powerful beings in the school right now. She's a reader but she's absolutely spectacular. She's stunning, intelligent and perfect but I'm a ghost so... It's not like I'm able to do much, just protecting this hallowed institution and its colourful counterpart.

It's about 11pm now and if ritually she's sneaking out of her room. I was waiting by her door in the shadows- I know it's creepy but I'm a ghost so who's telling me the rules? She makes her way outside with me close behind her in the shadows yet again. I'm not sure why I do that- I am a ghost that no one sees and yet I try to stick inside the darkness, especially around her. She's different.

She makes her way to the garden and sits against a tree. She takes out a book and reads aloud. She's been doing that a lot recently- reading out loud even if she's around others. Her soft voice that flows the basic words from the book into the most fascinating scriptures on golden pages.

I'm still in the shadows when she suddenly stopped reading. "I'm sorry if this sounds inconsiderate or rude but are you ever going to come out of the shadows?" My eyes widen. She couldn't be talking to me. Could she see me? I step out of the dark and slowly walk towards the little reader. Her eyes widen slightly at the sight of me. I was wearing the outfit I died in- a green, elegant gown. My hair was in a regal yet simple style. I had black, fingerless gloves and choker with a cameo pendant. My heels were mythical. I may be dead but I looked better then the living. "You look beautiful!" She continues to stare. I blush slightly and look away for a second.

She pats a spot next to her for me to sit- I take it hesitantly. I break the comforting silence. "You're able to see me," She proceeds to look in my eyes. "And hear me, I guess." She nods her head. "Yes. I wasn't sure if you were real when I started to see you, because... well no one else could. My friends called me crazy and said it was a manifestation of Evil trying to take over. Not that they'd do anything about that- being a Never and everything..." I smile and just listen to her words. Taking in everything. "I'm sorry for talking so much. You don't even know my name. I swear I'm not usually like this. You're just so easy to talk to. I'm Leonora, Leonora Lesso." She holds out her hand then quickly retracts it, mumbling an apology. "Don't apologise for talking Leonora, especially to me. I love listening to your voice. I find it relaxing. Something calming in a sea of troubles. Something that takes me away from the battlefield and almost makes me forget that I'm dead. Your voice will forever remain in my memory, taking me away from the pain and the hurt." She smiles at my words, maintaining eye contact. "Very poetic," I nod in appreciation. "But you haven't told me your name yet or should I just call you mine?" I chuckle. "Smooth. My name is Y/n." 

"Y/n's a beautiful name."

"Much like you." It was her turn to chuckle and blush. "Thank you y/n."

"Anytime but it's getting late. It's midnight in 3...2..." The loud chimes of the clock were heard as the hands hit twelve. She looks at the clock and then back to me. "How did you-?"I smile sadly and look down. "Well, when you've been died as long as I have and no one is able to see, hear or touch you. You decide to do weird things to pass the time- literally. I've spent so long staring at clocks that I guess I'm able to count the seconds in my subconscious and therefore tell the time. That and I've always been good with punctuality.  Anyway you have classes tomorrow- I can walk with you to your dorm if you want me to." She nods enthusiastically. We start walking back to her dorm, careful not to wake anyone.

When we finally get to her dorm (She had the luxury of having a dorm room to herself) - she gets into bed. I tuck her in. I'm still confused by the way it works myself- I can touch/move objects and fight demons/ consequences of spells but I can't be seen, heard or touched by any person, animal, witch or princess. How it works is a question for another day. "Goodnight Leonora. I hope you have the dreams you want and I look forward to seeing you tomorrow." I turn, about to walk away.  She tries to grab my hand, it goes straight through. "I forgot, sorry." I smile sadly. "Can you stay y/n, please?" I chuckle, shaking my head slightly. 

"It's not like I have anything better to do." I lay on the bed next to Leonora.  "Goodnight Leonora." She settles down again- laying next to me, facing me. She closes her eyes. "Goodnight y/n." She falls asleep soon enough- her breathing evening out. Tranquillity taking over me soon after, not knowing what tomorrow would bring but being excited to find out.

Wait, you can see me?

Word count: 989