chapter three

Tw: Pedophilia

Hollie sat next to Ian Gallagher and Mandy sat in front of him during history class. Mr. Bancroft, the teacher, walked down the aisle of desks as he talked.

"The colonial soldiers conserved what by declaring," he said as he eyed Mandy. "'Don't shoot until you see the whites of their eyes"?" He rubbed his boner on her desk.

Hollie clenched her fists and grabbed her pencil, ready to throw it at him.

Mr. Bancroft continued walking when Ian pushed his back-bag into the floor with his foot. Mr. Bancroft tripped over the bag, falling hard on the ground as the students laughed.

Mandy turned around to face Ian and smiled softly at him. "Thank you," she mouthed.

•••

Hollie and Mandy walked out of class once the bell rang. "Oh my God, that was the funniest shit I've ever witnessed. Funnier than when Annie fell in mud," Hollie laughed.

"What was that boy's name?" Mandy asked.

"The one who made Mr. Bancroft fall?"

"Yeah."

"Ian Gallagher. He lives next door to me," Hollie explained. "I think I like him. What do you think?" Mandy asked, wanting approval from her best friend.

"Sure. If you're into redheaded boys," she teased.

"Hey, what's your type?" Mandy asked as the two stopped by their lockers. "I don't know.." she muttered.

She couldn't tell her straight best friend that she was a lesbian. Could she?

"Come on, every girl has to have a type." "I really don't know. I guess they have to be as fucked up as I am," she chuckled. "I guess I hit the jackpot then, huh?" Mandy smirked.

•••

Hollie, Mandy and Mickey walked out of the school building together. "You princesses gonna go hit on boys or sum'?" Mickey asked as they walked.

"Why does everybody assume girls are obsessed with boys?" Hollie asked.

"Cause' most girls are," Mickey chuckled.

"I'm not and I never will be," Hollie said before storming away.

"What's her deal?" Mickey asked. Mandy shrugged.

"Oh! Can you tell Pop's I'm gonna be home late?" she asked him. "He already knows you're hanging with Hollie tonight."

"Change of plans. She has to watch her sister," Mandy explained. "So what are you doing so late? Fucking someone?" he guessed. She looked at the ground as if it was so beautiful and smiled. "Damn, sis."