Ace Villain

A/N: This book is inspired by the YouTube video above! Don't judge too quickly, please! At least try to read the first chapter before you drop the book.
Some of you are actually probably from the YouTube video itself. I've already said that I'll make a book about it, but I'm not very confident about it. I hope that it doesn't disappoint! Enjoy!

-

The night was ripe, stars adorning the nocturnal sky. Blood rippled through the floor and stained the streets like dust in a storeroom. Five individuals, four cloaked in dark clothing and one dressed in an obnoxious school uniform. As a group, they managed to blend in with the shadow... But that meant that other entities laid dormant in the darkness as well.

Izuku had strayed behind the League to drown out the bickering of Toga and Dabi. In the stead of his comrades, he kept his senses alert in case of an ambush. They were in an open space, after all. For all they knew, an underground hero could be lurking above them or in an alleyway somewhere. Though, he had his doubts since any hero would have engaged in combat the moment they saw the number of bodies that surrounded the League.

Izuku froze. An uncomfortable sensation tickled his skin, the hairs behind his neck standing on end. This feeling... it's as if... His eyes darted behind him in time to catch a glimpse of a silver light in the distance. Based on its projection, it was heading straight toward–

"GET DOWN!" Izuku didn't hesitate to force Shigaraki to the ground by the head. At his abrupt shout, Toga and Dabi's attention was brought to him. Their irritating rambling had finally subsided, but that wasn't any of Izuku's concerns at the moment.

That bullet seemed to have changed direction as Izuku pulled Shigaraki down. It was as if it was drawn to him like a magnet. One way to avert it was to stick it in flesh and bone, but Izuku doubted that Shigaraki would take getting shot, lightly. If he complained to Sensei that Izuku had allowed him to get hurt, Sensei's trust in him would waver.

Izuku couldn't have that.

He grabbed onto one of the corpses on the ground, no matter how disgusted he felt, and lifted it into the air. The squelching sound of metal grinding into flesh ground in Izuku's ears as the bullet hit a mark. Immediately after he dropped the body, Izuku grasped the gun in his hand tighter, prepared to use it.

"Kurogiri!" He yelled. As though on cue, Izuku's comrade's violet portal appeared before him. Without giving the assassin a chance to process the situation, he stuck his arm inside the portal and pulled the trigger. Once he had confirmed that Shigaraki's attempted murderer was immobilised, Izuku returned to the group.

Shigaraki gave him a creepy smile that stretched ear-to-ear. Izuku grimaced and looked down at his supposed leader with disdain, "Shigaraki," he scowled. "I'm not your bodyguard. Next time, that bullet is sure to hit your head."

Shigaraki's grin only became wider that that statement. "I'm sure it will..." Of course, it wouldn't. Sensei would be disappointed if his puppet were to die. But he didn't like being under Shigaraki. Izuku was notably better in every aspect; be it villainy, combat ability, or simply smarts. He didn't know what Sensei saw in this childish man to have the desire to pick him as his successor.

"Let's get going before another bullet comes rushing at you," Dabi chuckled. He entered Kurogiri's portal, which he had already prepared in advance. Toga, with her disgustingly infatuated smile, followed suit—though, to his dismay, her eyes never left Izuku. Subsequently, Shigaraki stuffed his gloved hands into his pockets and went through the portal.

Izuku scoffed. This band of misfits was fun to hang around, sure, but they still had room for improvement. That was what Sensei said, anyway... And after that day, Izuku agreed. However, he couldn't disregard that he had a lot to sharpen as well. Had his instincts not kicked in, that bullet would have killed Shigaraki. Oh, speaking of...

"Kurogiri," he turned his gaze to the swirling vortex in front of him. Within it, a pair of wispy yellow eyes stared back at him. "Have you brought the guy in for questioning?"

Kurogiri's voice nearly vibrated as he spoke, seemingly detached from the world. "Yes, he is in the basement."

"Thank you."

It had been a long day, but it was about to get longer. Izuku needed to question—possibly torture—an assassin, and that would take quite a bit of time and effort. Hopefully, it wouldn't take up an entire night of sleep, because he had another mission tomorrow. When did being a villain become so tiring?

Oh, right. He was in the League.

Damn it all.

-

Thank you for reading! Remember to vote for the chapter if you enjoyed it! <3

I'm not sure if I should continue this or not, but if there's no requests, I'll leave it as a oneshot. If you want it to be a full story, please consider that I have to juggle my other books as well as my studies. But if this book ends up being popular, I guess I wouldn't have a choice?