4: The Move

Bruce was a soft shade of green from the car ride.

Motion sickness is a bitch but he couldn’t do anything about it.

The chubby man slammed his face into the dashboard and groaned when he remembered he had his glasses on. He was lucky, it didn’t break.

He had flown all the way to the US and chose a tiny town in Missouri as his place of residence. Being born and raised in Northern Ireland the US wasn’t really a country he was all too open-minded about going to.

The shit that went down there… Sheesh.

But he had to, he had to run away from there, Sergeant Ravine and most of the agents on his case were out of the country, they’d never expect that he’d go towards their headquarters to seek arsenal. They’d never know.

It was the perfect plan, he hoped.

Bruce had rented a house in Worth County which they literally threw at him.

Everyone in the housing department seemed to want the house taken. They literally gave him the house at $50 per month with no monthly down payment needed.

It had a charming four rooms, five bathrooms, two parlors (or living rooms as the Americans say), a dining room with the side the of a FREE demon. What a deal.

Bruce was rather used to superstitious locals, he lived in India for a year, (nothing against Indians, you guys are cool}, so he didn’t react much. If he made a profit from some supernatural rubbish, who is he to complain?

He stared out of the car window at the large White House and smiled for the first time since he left that Event center.

It was perfect.

***
I'd love it if you leave your comments below.