short story 16

Y/N's POV
I just got back from a mission with the other girls. At that time Bucky was alone with our two kids. I trust him, but I don't want to know what the house looks like.
He sent me pictures of them and wrote in addition:

"We're so excited to see you, mommy

"We're so excited to see you, mommy.❤️"
I really had to pull myself together not to cry. I missed my little chaotic family.

Bucky's POV
"Hey Luke, let your sister eat and Nia please stop throwing the food." said I to my kids but that didn't quite work.
"I thought it would be easier because Nat and Y/N always make it look so easy." said Steve standing next to me.
"Yes, it looks that way, but apparently it is not. Unless you know a secret weapon." I said and walked into the kitchen. My kids love chocolate chip cookies and I still have to clean the whole house before Y/N gets back.
"Nia, Luke if you eat sensibly and you Luke clean your room right away you get the chocolate chip cookies." I showed them which ones I meant and they both got big eyes. Steve just laughed.

"Why didn't you do that a week ago?" asked Steve.
I laughed. "That's not always the answer, only when it has to be done quickly." I said, putting away the last of the movie night stuff.
"Done Dad. Can I have chocolate chip cookies now?" asked Luke. I nodded and pointed to the table where they were. He ran over to the table and grabbed one.
"Easy kid, you better sit with your sister on the couch." said Steve.
"I thought I was being careful already, but you top that again." I said laughing.
"Dad, Nia stinks!" Luke exclaimed.
"I think someone needs to be diapered and now it's your turn. It's great to be a dad isn't it Buck?" laughed Steve.

I just shook my head laughing and went to Nia. She really needs to get a new diaper.
Just as I was about to go upstairs with her, the door opened.
Y/N was standing there smiling at me.
"Hey doll." I said smiling and gave her a kiss.
"Hey, love. Hey, Nia." she said, giving Nia a little kiss.
"Diaper change." I said some more and then ran upstairs.

When I came back downstairs with Nia, my wife and son were sitting on the couch with my best friend eating chocolate chip cookies. Nia ran to Y/N when I put her down. I had to laugh and realized how lucky I am with this woman only. I love her.