short story 42

Y/N's POV
"Mom. Dad's here!" Lizzie shouted, running in my direction. I had to grin when I saw what she was holding.

"What are you going to do, Lizzie?" I asked her with a grin.
"We're going to give Dad these flowers and then send him out. When he comes back in, we'll be happy. Because the flowers are for us." she said happily and I didn't think it was a bad idea.

"I saw that on TV," she said proudly. Bucky's reaction was going to be funny. So I nodded and we went to the door.

Bucky opened the door and when he was just a step inside, he looked at us in confusion.
"Did I miss something?" he inquired.
Lizzie and I stood in front of him grinning.
Lizzie then handed her father the flowers.
"Now please go back outside." I said, pushing him out and closing the door.

Bucky's face was more than confused and it was funny now. Then Lizzie opened the door and he looked skeptically at me and his daughter.
"Oh, honey. You didn't have to do that." I said with a smile and took the flowers from him.
"Thanks, Dad for the flowers." said Lizzie, taking the flowers as well. She then walked towards the kitchen.

Bucky stood in front of the door and looked at me with a look that said not your serious. I had to laugh and he shook his head with a grin too.
"That was your daughter's idea." said I, giving him a kiss.
"Just like her mother." he added.
"That's what you love me for."
"Not just for that, doll." he said with a grin and wrapped his arms around me.

"Does Liz know the flowers are mine?" he asked me with a grin. I just shook my head, laughing slightly. He looked at me and kissed me.
"Dad, did you ask Uncle Steve?" I heard Lizzie ask.

We disengaged from each other and I let my head fall against his chest. "Yeah, I did and he said he'd love to come," Bucky replied.
"Yeah, we're going on a roller coaster!" gloated Lizzie, dancing around.
"I'd love to come too." I said, looking at Bucky with puppy dog eyes.
"Doll, we've had this discussion before. You can't ride anything and you don't want to wait either." said Bucky, looking at me seriously.

I rolled my eyes and he gave me a kiss on the forehead.
"Yes, and what fault that is, we know too." I said annoyed and went into the kitchen.
He followed me and said,
"Natasha said she has something nice planned for you, Wanda and Yelena. And I know nothing will happen to you two."

I nodded and Lizzie joined us in the kitchen.
"I'll tell you all about what we did then." she said, stroking my belly. "Is she asleep right now?" she then asked and I nodded. "Finally."
"Why was the little one very active again? Like her big sister?" asked Bucky and I nodded laughing. He exercised Lizzie up and went into the living room where he twirled her through the air.
I love my little family and Bucky is the perfect and best dad I could ask for. I just love him so much.