Chapter 14 "Goodbye my love"

Des

I began packing up my stuff from dymonds house and placed the boxes in my car. She wouldn't even look at me. I felt terrible, but she would be fine. Maybe she would find someone just like her. Someone who will actually be happy with her.

I started my car and headed over to Lydia's place. I sighed, I parked my car and went to her condo. I knocked on the door but it was unlocked, so I let myself in—Im sure she wouldn't mind though. I walked in but I didn't see her; I heard the shower running. I smirked and went to the kitchen to prepare a meal because I wanted to be sweet and win her over completely.

Lydia came out of the shower soaling wet in her bath robe, I blushed as I tried not to stare so much.

"Hey.. didn't know you would be here so early." Lydia giggled.

"Yeah. I know but I made it quick. Um, are you hungry?" I asked.

She smiled and nodded her head. I smiled back at her and finisgd cooking. Soon I made our plates and we dug in stuffing our mouths.

Lydia

"So, anything new?" I asked.

Des looked at me and smiled while finishing up her food.

"Nah. Nothings really new, but hey lets go out on a date tomorrow. Just you and I." She said as she collected our empty dishes and went to wash them.

I smiled ans got on my phone, I was occupied—CRASH—Thud! I lookes over very uneasy and scared.

"D-Destinyyyy?!" I shouted.

I ran to her side on the floor and called 911, I was scared for her. My heart was racing and I couldn't breath. Tears built up in my eyes as thwy glided down my cheek. I kneeled down to her and put her head in my lap. Just minutes flew by ans the ambulance was here, loading her up.

As we reached the hospital,  she went straight to the emergency room. The nurses and doctors began to ask me questions, I was too flustered to answer. I couldn't speak—breathe or do anything but hope that she's okay.

"Ma'am. Had she ever gad any medical issues?" The doctor asked while I was sitting in the waiting room. I shook my head. I couldnt say.

"I really don't know. She never mentioned anything." I answered and wiped my tears.

The doctor nodded and went back in the room. A couple of ours later and they told me I could see Des. That she wasn't in the best shape.

I walked in slowly, her body lie there, unbothered on the bed, her breathing slow and subtle, machines hooked up into her and oxygen mask on her face. This was too much for me to handle.

"I'm afraid she doesn't have long." The doctor spoke.

I looked at him, "What do you mean? What's wrong with her?!"

I shouted teary eyed.

"She has a brain tumor, it recently became active and now its finally taking its toll." He said calmy.

I looked at Destiny. Here came Joyce and Dymond rushing in the room. Crying. Joyce hugged me trying to comfort me.

They were just as devastated as I was. I think I died inside.—"Ly...dia..." a voice said.

I looked over at Destiny, she could barely speak. "Oh my god!" I cried.

"I will..always...love you...  " Were her final amd last words before slipping away from us, from me. Her heartline went flat.

She was gone.