Chapter 1 "Online Dating"

[Lydia In the Media]

Lydia

Its been a few months living in LA, but I'm busy a lot of times. I live in an apartment complex by myself.

My good friend Autumn was coming over tonight. She said she had something to show me or something.

As I walked in my apartment I flicked on the lights that lead to the living room. I placed my bag down on the end table by the brown lamp sitting on the table.

I went straight to the bathroom to take a nice hot shower. Throwing my clothes on the white tiled floor I stepped into the shower. My curly hair all wet and weighed down by the water stuck against my back.

I soon as I stepped out from washing up and doing my hygiene stuff I pulled my hair up in a big bun and went to my room.

I found grey sweatpants and a blue t-shirt to put on.

Right then there was a knock on my door, I skipped acrossed the room to my living room and opened the door.

"Lydiaaaaaa," She came in nearly attacking me.

"Damn. What happen to a simple hello?" I asked.

I was now om the floor with the front door wide open.

"Sorry love," She got up. "Just really want to show you something." Autumn added.

Autumn went to close the door and headed straight for my laptop.

"What's up?" I asked.

I sat next to her at the little island and watched her type in the site.

'www.meetme.com'

"What's this?" I asked her.

"You'll see." She said bubbly.

"Okay.." I watched as she logged in.

"See. its a dating site. I think you should try it out!"

She looked at me with with smile. Her dimples showed on both cheeks.

"Really...?" I began. "Autumn honest-," she cut me off.

"Heyyy, I want you happy with someone. Please oh please try atleast!?"

She whined and begged. Eventually I had to give in. She was just too cute to say no too.

"Fine..." I groaned

"Yesss!" She cheered with excitement.

She passed the laptop to me and logged out to have me make an account.

I began to fill out the little form they had for new people. Took about 3 minutes to make.

I did my bio and posted a profile picture and put in my interests.

"Now what?" I looked to Autumn.

"Just wait. People will be dieing to chat with you. Look at you..You are gorgeous." She said.

"I'm not all that..." I said plainly.

"Okay girl. Well I have to go," she said getting up, "I'll call you later. let me know what's happens!"

She yelled from out the door and then she was gone. I sighed and didn't know what to do on this site.

I started to receive some messages from a bunch of thirsty men and women. I shook my head. I didn't feel like replying so I simply closed my laptop and made myself tacos for dinner.

Honestly, I did get a little lonely. Would be nice to have someone else around.

I went out to get starbucks coffee and then came back, I grabbed my laptop and went in my room.

Being 10 pm at night I lied in bed on my laptop. Watching finny youtube videos and checking on my facebook.

I heard a little noise coming from that meetme site. So I clicked on it and someone messaged me. Out of all the other women, she was quiet cute.

Before replying I left her on red. I wanted to give it time. That way I wouldn't seem so I interested and desperate.

Scrolling through her profile and her pictures are very gorgeous. I looked in her bio. I really liked what I se about her. We had some of the same interests; reading, writing.

But some opposites too. I didn't like to depend on anyone, but from what I've read from her profile, she depends on others. Maybe I shouls give her advice on that and be her friend.

Yeah. That's what I will do.

I went back to the chat and fibally replied.

"Hey." I replied.

Des is typing...