Drunkenness ❀

Da-Yeong

Da-Yeong was on his way to his quarters when he met with a group of Court Maids, looking troubled by something. It seemed like the Crown Princess's newly assigned Court Maid was in the lead. She was biting her nails in anxiety and looking for someone along with her colleagues.

She didn't take notice of him as when he asked her what was wrong, she jumped several steps back.

"Oh! Yo-Your Highness!" she bowed low.

"Are you looking for someone, Maid Tae-Sak?" he asked.

Tae-Sak's lower lip trembled and she started sniffing. Soon, tears started falling from her eyes. "Your Highness... I am sorry!" she cried.

"What is it?" Da-Yeong asked, trying to hide his confusion and concern.

"Her Highnessㅡ! I can't find her anywhere!" she howled.

"The Crown Princess?" he asked in disbelief.

"Yes. Weㅡ We went to the Royal Library at noon and spent our time there. She was there, with me, reading books all afternoon. I accidentally fell asleep and when I woke up, it was late evening. She was nowhere in the library so I thought she went back to Gyeongchunjeon. I went to her room and saw her sleeping. But... when I went near her to adjust her blanket, I saw no one was there in her bed! She wasn't in the room either. So I asked Court Lady Jin-Hee about her. She said that Her Highness had said that she was taking a nap in her room. So assuming that she might be somewhere in Gyeongchunjeon, I searched for her. But I didn't find her anywhere..." she cried even louder.

Da-Yeong was less surprised at what he heard considering the type of girl the Crown Princess was. But still, she was the Crown Princess and for a Royal, danger was lurking around them. Also, he cannot leave people worrying about her.

"Do not worry, Maid Tae-Sak." he tried confronting her. "I believe she is somewhereㅡ"

"Your Highness, I searched for her everywhere!" Tae-Sak howled.

He sighed. "Are you sure she is not around?"

Tae-Sak couldn't hear him as she continued crying.

"Fine. I will look for her."

Tae-Sak lifted her face, her eyes filled with hope. "Thank you so much, Your Highness! I am very sorry I couldn't look after her. I should resign immediatelyㅡ" She started crying again.

Da-Yeong felt guilty leaving her to cry as he searched for the Crown Princess.

A lot of worries crossed his mind. If her maid searched for her thoroughly and still couldn't find her, then it must be serious.
The Royals always have to be extra careful as rebels and assassins lurk around everywhere. Last year, a bunch of servants serving the rebels were caught. They had said the rebels had disbanded but they might as well be lying. And in the Palace, anything can happen. The Crown Princess was a troublemaker of her own and if she gets into serious trouble...

Da-Yeong neared a deserted garden when his thoughts were crushed as he spotted a suspicious woman acting strangely. She was giggling all by herself. Who was she? What was she doing here in this nearly abandoned garden?