part 4

I had seen everything by the time I got off the mighty stage and silence of my rise. Nobody celebrated it. They cursed it. Maybe there would've been happiness if I weren't up on the stage ruining this grand occasion that I looked up to ever since I was a middle schooler. Middle schoolers might be looking up to me as of now.

But I am afraid I'm not someone to look up to. I cannot be that girl who has all her principles straight and is bound by discipline and good name. I am bound for corners and whispers. I am not an idol. I belong to a normal place. I am a consequence of a bad accident and stumbled to a place I do not belong. I know it because ever since I was here I've only seen how horribly and miserably I just simply do not belong to the image of what I'm representing.

I cannot phrase the whole summer and face it, resolve it and let it begone. I'm over it I guess but every other night I'm telling the walls of my room everything as if they were Tooru listening to me as if I were the only human left in the world just like summer by the beach. Maybe I'm not over it after all.

"Make a speech and say it with a mighty outlook tomorrow morning in the assembly. Like our tradition. The school needs to hear from the president they need to obey all year long. They should admire you. Write from a place you're given the title of." Principal instructed me straight. But I already saw this coming. I had seen the marvelous speeches of all past presidents. I wanted to be like them. I had written a speech prior to getting this title and I was so prepared to face each and every hateful gaze on me and to renounce them and impose my rules on them. If they'd been ruthless, they wouldn't have seen me in my full control.

I know they shouldn't see me as an idol, but they could see me as a dictator, a ruthless bitch, a hoe, a misunderstood story, a bogus falsie whatever they like, they'd have to do as I say at last. I have nothing to lose. I have nothing to gain. The only thing I'll follow is my seniors' approach throughout the years.

The morning had settled, everybody in line. In pressed uniforms and perfumes. Tie up in the collar. The mic was set on stage when I stepped up two stairs and the echo of my breath sounded through the assembly. Many rolled their eyes when I started taking out the crumpled paper containing the ink of my speech.

I adjusted the mic, and behind me I heard the footsteps of Oikawa. After me it's his turn. I didn't let myself falter and raised my chin half smiling,

"Dear Aoba Johsai...." a few middle schoolers clapped but none other. It shouldn't have been this way. Every year it thronged with clapping after these three words. The teachers looked around in surprise too. I just smiled more, "...We all are familiar with this tradition and I guess this year is my turn. I acknowledge that this is not a conclusion and there were people that could've been in place of me. The insight of our teachers throughout the years has seen potential in me to be the holder of this office. So, I would like to express my gratitude to them and Our principal Sir. As the female president and manager of male volleyball team, I promise to spend this last year bringing discipline and a good name to our school. Bringing better nominees for this title and improving myself in areas I lack in. I promise to not ever cause such a opinion that I didn't fulfill my duties to the fullest and I will assure this by taking necessary and strict actions, I will not play leniently with people I know, nor will play unjust with people I hold grudges against. I've admired every holder of this office since I've been a middle schooler and I am standing here in hopes of being such an influence, though I might not be an idol. I can be an influence. I hope you all find ways to accept me and my techniques. With my best intentions I wish you all good morning as your new president presiding for the year 2022-23."

Only a few more claps sounded in addition to claps before and I knew it without seeing they were teachers. They had to be. This year is going to be rough.