Cancelled Date

"Aunt Kate someone is at the door. Want me to get it?" Alexis calls as she is working with some pottery in the dining room while hearing the door bell.

"No dear I'll get it." Kate says as opens before immediately closing the door. Alexis then looks out the window seeing Max and quickly goes outside.

"I'm so sorry Max. My aunt just a little cautious around people she doesn't know where she is protective of me. Excuse the mess on my hands I was working with some wet clay when the door bell rang." Alexis says as she wipes the clay off her hands with a towel on the porch.

"Oh no problem." Max says dreamily.

"Would you like to have a seat?" Alexis asks nervously.

"Sure." Max says as he helps Alexis up onto the banister before Alexis notices Kate is staring daggers at Max through the window.

"Everything is fine aunt Kate and I know you can hear through that glass window. Now go on back to your gardening. I promise she'll act better when you pick me up for the party." Alexis says as Kate then walks away from the window.

"Yea that's sorta why I came by." Max says as he hops up onto the banister next to Alexis.

"I'm really looking forward to it Max." Alexis says happily.

"Yea.. I was to." Max says sadly as he runs his hands through his hair.

"Was?" Alexis asks sadly as she hops off the banister.

"You see my dads on this stupid father son kick and-" Max then gets cut off by Alexis.

"Don't worry about it Max it's just a dumb party." Alexis says sadly as she moves a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"No it's not! Alexis I really wanted to go with you I-" Max then gets cut off by Alexis.

"No it's ok Max I understand." Alexis says

"I didn't even really wanna go on the trip." Max says angrily.

"It's ok I can go with someone else." Alexis says sadly as she avoids eye contact with Max.

"Someone else?" Max asks sadly.

"I'll just talk to you later." Alexis says as she walks away from Max.

"Uh Alexis uh... my dad is uh... my dad's taking me to the Powerline concert in LA!" Max shouts stopping Alexis as she was about to open the door.

"Your dad's taking you clear across the country just to see a concert?" Alexis asks with disbelieve in her voice.

"Uh well you see uh.. my dad knew uh knows Powerline. They used to play together in a band yea." Max says as Alexis looks at him uncertainly.

"Come on son! Let's get this show on the road!" Goofy shouts from the car as he honks the car horn.

"Just a minute! You party animal you." Max says as Goofy looks at Alexis and smiles.

"Your really serious." Alexis says as she smiles softly at Max.

"Absolutely. So uh you aren't still thinking of going with someone else are you?" Max asks nervously.

"Well I guess-" Alexis then gets cut off by Max.

"Because I was hoping I could uh wave to you on stage when uh I join Powerline for the final number." Max says happily.

"This is ecstatic." Alexis says as she gently places her hand on Max's chest causing him to look at her.

"Well I wouldn't miss our date for anything that wasn't ecstatic Alexis." Max says as he then takes Alexis's hand before she quickly kisses Max on the lips causing him to stumble and wobble his way down to the car.

"Have a great time at the concert Max. I'll see you on tv." Alexis says as she waves Max and Goofy off.