Chapter Five: What on earth is a V.I.L.E?

Authors note: I'm sorry for not finishing the school day, but I really disliked some of it. And the episodes of Player in school really stressed me out. So this is about 4 days later.

Back to the story (FYI this is gonna be pretty long.)

Y/n's Pov:
While browsing through any and anything on the vast internet. You stumble across some weird signals and what not. Of course, you get curious and decide to hack into it, but you are surprised to get blocked by 27 layers of encryption. You are Deadcode after all so this probably won't be a hard task, but it is odd.
You stretch and crack your fingers and begin hacking. "W.H.S.B, scan each layer of encryption and check for weak links." You say. "Scanning Encryption." The virtual assistant replies, and begins its scanning. It only took about 15 minutes to get through 19 layers. "Weak link found, layer 27." You hear W.H.S.B say. "Thank you." You thank the robot and it goes offline.
Once you get through to layer 27, you easily find the weak link. "Good, but not good enough for me." You say to yourself before you look for any devices in the area. Once you find one you ring the cell. "Hello?" A confused voice says, seeming to be an adult woman. "Your software has a definite weak link." You tell her. "What?" She replies "Who are you and how did you find this?!" She shouts at you. "You can call me Deadcode, and I just hacked through 27 layers of encryption. So are you the person I inform of the security problem or..?" You ask to the shocked woman.
In the background you hear the voice of a man. "Dr. Bellum? What seems to be the issue?" She gets asked. "Security breach online. Speaking some hacking culprit right now." She says. "I told you I have a code name." You tell her. "Miss Dr. Bellum of V.I.L.E., whatever that is." You continue on. You can hear her gasp and she hangs up the phone. "Okay rude." You say to yourself. You were about to call again but the phone quickly goes offline. "Weird." You say to yourself again. But wait, there's somebody else in the system, using white hat software. Maybe a new friend?
Youhack your way to calling their device. Maybe they know a bit about this whole V.I.L.E thing. They pick up the call. "Hello?" You ask, checking if somebody's there. "Who's this." They respond. God that voice sounds, familiar? Weird. "Another white hat in the system." You respond to them and you hear them sigh in relief. "Code name?" They ask you. "Deadcode." You reply and you can hear their verbal shock. "You're Deadcode?!" They respond to you in utter disbelief. "The one and only, and you are?" You reply. "P-Player." They say with a small stutter.
"Wait, Player?" You say now in a state of disbelief. There's no way, could it really be your best friend? You never would've expected him to be a white hat. If it really is him of course. "Yeah..do I know you.?" The person questions you. "As in Player Bouchard?" You say in reply. "Wait what?! Who are you?!" He asks in a worried manner. "Y/n. Your neighbor?" You day as you remove the voice filter you have on. "Wait, you're Deadcode?!" He states in pure shock. "Yeah." You say calmly, he must be really surprised.

Player's Pov:
After what you just heard at least a million thoughts ran through your head.
"Y/n is Deadcode?!"
"There is no way."
"I never expected her to be a white hat let alone Deadcode."
"Maybe she could teach me! She's a really powerful and anonymous hacker."
"That's insane."
"I got a new friend who I'm already really close with and she's a white hat??"
"I must be really lucky."
"Player? Dude you there??" You hear her call you. "Oh, yeah I'm here." You say. "Oh good, I thought you died from a heart attack or something. You sounded pretty shocked." She tells you in response. "I mean yeah I'm shocked! You're literally Deadcode!" You say to her. "You're one of the most powerful white hats, let alone hackers out there!" You continue on. There's no way you're sitting at your computer setup right now talking to Deadcode. And she's one of your best friends. What type of miracle?
She chuckled. You both talked a bit until you got a call from Carmen. "Well, I gotta go. But this conversation is definitely not over." You say. "Alright, see you." She says. She ends the calm and you pick up the other one. "You will not believe what happened." You say to her. "What happened?" She asks. "So you remember Y/n right?" Immediately Ivy jumps in. "Did you guys start dating??" Ivy questions. "No. Why are you so hung up on that? But anyways, so it turns out Y/n is a white hat hacker too." You say. "But she's actually one of the most powerful and anonymous ones, code named Deadcode." You state as well.
"EVEN BETTER! You guys have even more chemistry!" You feel your face heating up a little at the mention of that. "Chill." You say to Ivy. "Cmonnnn, she's your neighbor, your parents obviously like her, you guys are already close friends.." She was about to keep going, but Carmen put her hand over her mouth. "Thank you." You say, thanking Carmen. "But aside from that. The caper takes place tonight." The conversation trails on.