Chapter 21: Second Morning

It is early morning in the Creme Republic, and most cookies are still sleepy, but one cookie is still awake. Captain Caviar Cookie struggles to tie his shoes, but luckily Candy Diver Cookie helps him out since they know how to tie shoes. Since Captain Caviar Cookie has legs, he has been trying to practice running and walking. He's a fast learner but needs some experience and what better way than to walk and run around the beach? They chose the lower city beach because he didn't want to deal with the stares coming from the sweet cookies. He knows the lower city beach is small and dirty but it is better that way. 

As both cookies are about to head out, they notice someone sitting on the porch while drinking tea. They slowly look at the cookie and realized it was Oyster Cookie who seems tired with her hair being a mess.

"You two are up early," Oyster Cookie didn't seem to look at them as she stares at the ocean with a tired look.

"Oh me and Candy Diver Cookie decided to try exercising since I got legs and stuff, you know?" Captain Caviar Cookie shrugs. "But I didn't expect you to wake up this early."

"Well I did sleep but when I woke up, I still fell asleep. I guess all the work yesterday made me tired even now," she sipped in tea who seems to be grumpy before her stomach growled.

"You haven't had breakfast? Don't you have chefs prepare for you?" Captain Caviar Cookie asked as he looks around where the kitchen is.

"Yeah, but I gave the chefs a day off yesterday and I figure I should make my own since I got a lot of free time from work," Oyster Cookie sipped in her tea thinking that since she hasn't much work today especially when she planning to go out with Captain Caviar Cookie at night time. She was about to get up but Captain Caviar Cookie stops her by holding her shoulder.

"How about you let me cook? I am still not tired," Captain Caviar Cookie frowns as he wants to think of her needs first.

"Really? No offense, but do mercookies cook since I don't think they can cook underwater?" Oyster Cookie is too tired to think much.

Captain Caviar Cookie laughs it off. "You're right, but that doesn't mean mercookies can just go to the surface and do some cooking. There is actually a special celebration that we sometimes went to the surface with the preparation of the ingredients to have a feast together, it is more enjoyable when Candy Diver Cookie came along and show how to cook."

Candy Diver Cookie responded as they taught many mercookies how to cookies on an isolated island, they may not need to eat but they enjoy teaching others how to cook.

"Hm...you seem got me interested," Oyster Cookie eventually smirks about it as she began to feel hooked. 

The envoy heard everything and quickly went to the elder as she whispered to her. "Sorry to interrupt but are you sure about this, Elder Oyster Cookie? He might poison you or something."

Oyster Cookie smiles. "Then we should keep an eye on him," she whispered back before staring at Captain Caviar Cookie. "I don't believe you, so why not show me? And I will be the judge of that" Oyster Cookie gave a smile to see if he can cook or not.

Captain Caviar Cookie smirks. "Sure, fine lady. And maybe the envoy will try some."

"Huh?" The envoy is a bit surprised but didn't have time to refute the three of them as Oyster Cookie showed them to the kitchen.

And so Oyster Cookie, despite being tired, happily watches Captain Caviar Cookie and Candy Diver Cookie together as the diver helped the captain on the stove since he is new to this. While the envoy already prepared coffee for the elder. "Let me be the first to taste in case poison is lay there," the envoy suggests being the one to go first.