Chapter 33: Opening Ceremony

"Greetings, Creme Republicans. My name is Announcer Cookie, the MC from the Hollyberry Kingdom to the Creme Republic. Here you all live at the Creme Republic Tournament at the water stadium, and this tournament will determine who will be the new navy captain who helps protect the cookies from danger," the announcer cookie announces to everyone as many cookies bring cheers. "Before we start, let us give thanks to the Elders of this city. Elder Custard Cookie, Elder Baumkuchen Cookie, Elder Vanilla Sugar Cookie, Elder Canele Cookie, Elder Mulled-Juice Cookie, Elder Sable Cookie, Elder Mille-Feuille Cookie, and Elder Oyster Cookie."

The audience claps and cheers to the elders, who are in a special and private audience room as they wave to the citizens. Oyster Cookie looks around the stadium as she wonders where Captain Caviar Cookie is since she hasn't seen him since morning.

"Elder Oyster Cookie," Oyster Cookie looks and sees Custard Cookie give a smug look. "Prepare to see you lose the bet."

Oyster Cookie glares at him. "Let's see about it," she responded as the elders sat down. She looks around to see if Captain Caviar Cookie is around, she hasn't gotten a chance to see him since yesterday. She worries something bad happened to him.

Somewhere in the audience, while the contestants have been called each contestant, Candy Diver Cookie and Squid Ink Cookie walk to see any available sits and found them as they sat down. Both are happy as they chat together...

"Wow, I never thought to hear something like that again," a voice appears and the cookies look to see Peppermint Cookie they ended up being nervous. "S-sorry, I didn't mean to eavesdrop. I just listened to my shell and heard you talking..."

Candy Diver Cookie's gumball eyes wide and talks to Peppermint Cookie if they can hear them.

"Y-yes, I can hear you. I never thought I would hear someone like that other than my friend, although I am worried about what my friend is doing since they are going on an adventure," Peppermint Cookie responded shyly.

Candy Diver Cookie feel bad for them and ask if they want to join together as they talk.

"S-sure, I feel alone especially when my captain is busy. My name is Peppermint Cookie," Peppermint Cookie introduced themselves.

Candy Diver Cookie introduce their name and Squid Ink Cookie's name, and the squid shyly waves their tentacles at them.

"Squid Ink Cookie? Why do I feel like I heard your name before?" Peppermint Cookie mumbled but shook their head as they happily chatted together.

Somewhere in the audience, Clotted Cream Cookie and Financier Cookie monitor the audience. Clotted Cream Cookie is busy with his work when he heard a familiar voice...

"Uncle Clotted Cream Cookie!" They look at where the voice is and it appears to be Custard Cookie the III smiling and waving at him.

Clotted Cream Cookie smiles as he waited to be hugged he sees Custard Cookie running towards him and both gave him a hug. "Hello, Custard Cookie the III. You look so grown up..."

"Hahaha, yeah I am growing up. Sooner, I might be taller than you. Fit enough to be a king," Custard Cookie the III gave a prideful smile.

Clotted Cream Cookie laughs. "Always wanted to be king," he has been stressed, and having Custard Cookie the III helps him lessen his stress. Financier Cookie stares at them and smiles as she is happy to see them. "Now, why not go to the Elders? It is best to seat in the house."

"N-no, thanks. I...wanted to be with you," Custard Cookie the III looks down with a frown. "I...am not comfortable being with Great-uncle Custard Cookie."

"Oh..." Clotted Cream Cookie frowns as he forgets that Custard Cookie didn't like him despite being biologically related. "Wanna come with us?"

Custard Cookie the III's eyes sparkle. "Yes!" He said as he followed them like a sheep.