Breaking and Entering With Super Smart Glasses

A/N There will be a subtle mention of drinking. Just a warning.

"You saw what he did to that poor girl. He won't stop." May looked down at her lap. A eerie silence filled the air. The air around us went still. "He killed my best friend." She said abruptly.

I didn't know exactly how to respond to that. 

I'm sorry for your loss? Oh no? Are you ok? That shit didn't cut it. I never knew what to say, so I didn't say anything. But my curiosity gets the better of me.

"What happened?" Was the best I could come up with.

May looked back at the ground. "Wrong place, wrong time. Trying to be a hero." She looked at me with her intense eye and said. "You see what happens when you try to do things you're not ready for, you get killed. Look what happened today. You got hurt. Judas's army can sense weakness and lack of experience. Next time listen to me. You have no idea what you're up against."

I felt ashamed. I had not only put my life endanger but May's as well. Great I was just another wanna be hero that was going to get himself killed. I wanted to be something better than I was. I didn't want to be just another random kid from New York. The truth was I wanted to be Spider-Man so badly I was willing to do anything. But was I willing to die for it? 

She got up and walked away. 

"May! Hey, May! I'm sorry! I'm really sorry! I just want to be more than a silly little kid from New York. I want to do something with my pathetic little life." I felt embarrassed that I had just admitted that. The words came tumbling out of my mouth before I could register what I was saying.

She looked over her shoulder. "You can't do shit with your life if you're dead."

I was defeated, stabbed, and in a lot of pain. I wasn't going to fight when I knew she was right, so I slowly advanced to the bus, the pain at my side had already started fading. But it was very much there.

"Stay put!" May ordered and I didn't really feel like fighting so I stood there awkwardly.

Max came out running, a huge smile on his face. He tackled me in a hug. 

"Shit. Shit shit." I swore. Max's smile melted when he noticed the bandages. I smile through the pain.

"Dude, what happen do you?" He asked nervously.

"Goo girl's claws happened." I gave him a half hearted laugh. Max just stared at me. For a second I thought he was going to get mad at me for getting hurt, but instead he smiled. 

"That's the coolest thing that has ever happened to you!" I released a breath I didn't even know I was holding. I smiled along with him.

"We're gonna have to get to Boston by foot, but let's find somewhere safe. You guys have money?" May asked. She dug around in her pockets and pulled out a 5 dollar bill. 

"Change from the bus tickets." She added.

Max opened his backpack and pulled out his wallet. 

"I have a card but I don't have much on it and 20 dollars." 

I had spent most of my money on the lenses and glasses frames. I pulled out 3 dollars from my pocket.

"How much on the card?" May asked.

"Like 15?"

"Ok so basically we have about 40 dollars." I noted. "I don't think that's enough for a hotel"

Max groaned. 

"I have an idea." May began. "But your not going to like it."

Maybe breaking into a gasoline station at 1 in the moring isn't the best idea. We're bound to get caught right? Well I wish I had a little bit of common sense.