6

Meeting that special person in your life can cause change. But this is the best change I've ever experienced.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finally landed on the shore once again. I unconnected myself from my skimwing and got off of her back. I walked in front of her, still having my hands on her face.

"Your name will be Lor. It means beautiful." I spoke petting the side of her face. I sent her off back into the water, and sat down in the sand. Eclipse, it's always so beautiful. When the moon meets the sun, and the air starts to get cold. I suddenly felt a hand in my shoulder, my mothers warm palm sent tingles down my body. She sat beside me looking into the water and sighed.

"My daughter, I know something is bothering you. Why wont you tell me?" She spoke so softly, and genuinely.

"You wont understand mother. You would forbid it." I spoke as my voice cracked up. She put her hand in mine and squeezed it, placing the other hand on my cheek. "Mother, I'm in love.." I continued looking down.

"Who?" She said in a serious tone. She always wants what is best for me, especially when it comes to love. I shook my head and looked down at my shaky hands. "Tell me y/n.."

"It's Neteyam mother, I can't control it."

"Y/n. You know-"

"Yes mother, I know but-"

"No y/n! You do not!! Our kind and his kind do not mix!! Forest and Reef? What are you thinking??" Mother exclaimed standing up. I stood up aswell trying to talk to her face to face.

"Please mother,  just listen!" Tears began to swell in my eyes. She turned away from me shaking her head angrily.

"I am disappointed in you. You know I love you dearly, but this? This is just nonsense!" She said turning back around and yelling at me. All of the tears that rolled down my face were now rolling down my neck. I sat back down, pulling my knees up to my face, and putting my head down. I ran my fingers through my hair thinking about everything. I felt my eyes getting tired, as they close and open a couple times. I stood up and began walking towards the village. I had no clue where to go, since mother probably didn't want to see me. I just walked the paths, messing with my beaded jewelry that hung on my body. I walked past different huts, hoping maybe someone would let me in. I heard someone come out of one I passed but they kept quiet.

"Y/n?" I sleepy voice called my name. I turned around to see Neteyam rubbing his eyes. I ran to him, wrapping my arms around him into an embrace. He gently placed his arms around me as I cried into his chest. I looked up at him as the tears streamed from my eyes. "What is wrong?" He asked, wiping some of the tears away with his thumb. I shook my head slowly, that's when I saw Neytiri come out of the hut. She quickly walked up to me pushing her son out of the way, and putting her hands on my face. She gave me a confused look and furrowed her eyebrows.

"Come. Come inside." She said taking my hand and bringing me inside their hut. The rest of the family were asleep, all huddled together. "You can sleep there." She pointed in an area in the corner that was covered by cloths.

"Thank you, deeply." I said still wiping tears from my eyes. She lied down beside Jake, huddling in closer with the others. I walked over to my area and sat down, looking up at Neteyam. He sat down beside me and put his hand in my back.

"Tell me, what is the matter?" He asked lightly scratching my back to comfort me.

"Mother, she is very angry at me. She yelled at me, I've never heard her be so disappointed in me before." I looked down not even trying to making eye contact.

"Why?" He asked perking his ears up in curiosity.

"That doesn't matter.." I said laying down facing my back towards him. He laid down beside me, as I felt his breath against my back. I turned around and faced him, he softly smiled at me. He slowly brought his hand up to my cheek and started lightly rubbing it with his thumb. I slowly started to fall asleep to his touch. My eyes closed and opened, until they closed one last time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning I woke up, my eyes all puffy. As I opened my eyes I saw Neteyam's face inches away from mine. He had his arms wrapped around my body, as he was scooted in closer. I smiled at him, but I felt eyes once again lingering on me. I looking around to see Lo'ak staring right at us.

"Fun night?" He asked with a chuckle. I rolled my eyes and shook my head, as Neteyam woke up. I watched as his eyes fluttered open, then he quickly unwrapped his arms that were around me. I got up and looked down not making eye contact with me. "I didn't know you were like that big bro." Lo'ak spoke laughing again and walking out of the hut. I slowly got myself up, stretching my arms in the air. I put my arms down, and looked around the hut in an awkward silence.

"I should get out of here, father and mother are probably worried sick." I spoke quietly placing a strand if hair behind my ear. His warm hand went on my cheek, and I looked up at him curiously.

"If you need anything you can talk to me. Ok?" He spoke deeply and smiled down at me. I nodded, and he put his hand down letting me go. I walked past him, and sighed trying to hold back tears. As I walked along the path I felt villagers eyes staring at me. I reached my home and took a deep breath before walking in. My father looked over his shoulder at me and then looked back at his knife he was sharpening.

"Y/n.."

"Hi dad.." I spoke gently, looking to see if anyone else was around.

"Your mother told me what happened last night, and I just wanted to say-"

"Your disappointed in me, I know." I interrupted look down.

"No daughter, I wanted to say, I support you. I talked to your mother about it and now she agrees with me. She is no longer angry at you. She just needs time.." He replied, now on his feet and putting his hands on my shoulders. I looked up at him in shock. I thought my mother would never forgive me. I wrapped my arms around him, pulling in to a long embrace.

"Thank you pa.." I spoke still hugging him.

"Your welcome my daughter. Now go, you still have to train Y'know." He said pulling back and laughing lightly. I nodded and began to run towards the shore seeing my sister and the others. As I reached Tsireya she put her hand on my shoulder and mouthed 'hey', with a frown on her face.

"Okay guys! Today we are just going to have a free day. Explore the reef, practice breathing? Train your ilu?" I pointed at Tuk about the last part and smiled. My sister looked at me, she was so confused. I smiled up at her as I crouched down to Tuks level.

"Have you named her yet?" I smiled at the little girl.

"Yep! I named her No'nami!" She spoke smiling back at me. I nodded and turned to look at my sister. I stood back up, now meeting my sisters level.

"Are you okay?" She asked still looking at me with her eyebrows furrowed.

"Yes sister, I am fine. Mother and I are okay now." I nodded and smiled at her. She then switched her face to a light smirk.

"SoooOoO, you told mother you were in love with him?" She giggled, elbowing me. I rolled my eyes and shook my head, looking over at Neteyam. "Better go talk to him." She continued in an ornery tone of voice. I smiled and began to walk over to him, still having a goofy look on my face. He turned around and saw me, shortly softening his eyes on me.

"Hey, just the person I wanted to see. Is it okay if we spent the free day...together?" He asked in a shaky voice.

"Yeah, I don't mind at all. That would be great actually." I nodded and smiled up at him. I saw his nervous look turn into a smile. He then grabbed my hand and walked with me along the shore.

"Come." He said then making a clicking noise. His ilu swam up to us, making an excited squeal. He let go of my hand and connected himself with her, then pushing himself up on her back. He patted the spot behind him, signaling me to sit.

"Are you-"

"Yes y/n. Get on." He spoke nodding to the spot. I slowly climbed on and wrapped my arms tightly around his waist. He tapped the side of her, and she dove into the water. As we moved quickly, his hand reached back and grabbed ahold of my thigh so I had more support. There was that once again tingling feeling going through my body. As we rode another ilu swam above us. I brought my hand up and slides my fingers against its stomach. It's like Neteyam was going somewhere, like he knew where to go.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SAY IT WITH ME. "NEXT CHAPTER IS GONNA BE ROMANTIC." HEHE. Xoxo

1626 words