Luca Romano

Full Name: Luca Vincenzo Romano

Height: 5' 10"

Weight: 170lbs

Birthplace: Sicily, Italy

Current Residence: Brooklyn, New York

Occupation: Head Chef and Owner of "Love From A Nonna"

Friends: Brian Tsao, Esther Choi, Nigel Ng (Uncle Roger)

Love Interest: Esther Choi

~Story~

Born in the old city of Sicily, Italy, Luca Romano had been the heir to his parents' restaurant "Ristorante Sicilia" or "Sicily's Restaurant".

There, his nonna, at the age of 85 would kneed dough and make pasta by hand, using simple ingredients: semolina flour and water. Learning how to make pasta from his nonna, Luca would become a master at making pasta for his parents' restaurant and plucking fresh, ripe tomatoes from their garden.

Learning the restaurant business and learning how to cook authentic Italian food from his parents, Luca would soon enroll into a culinary school in Rome, learning how to cook Italian food on his own.

Sadly, after a year into his education at cooking school, his nonna passed away at the age of 97.

Feeling proud of what she's done for his family and for the legacy she left behind, Luca would keep her legacy alive by teaching his fellow classmates on how he makes his pasta and how he would cook it.

After three years, Luca finally graduated from culinary school and dedicated his graduation to his late nonna, who would be 100 years old when he got out of school.

Soon after graduating, Luca decided to leave his home country in Italy for the land of opportunity: America. There, he would learn how to speak English and earn his American citizenship after 2 years.

Then, once he got the approval from his parents to start his own restaurant, Luca hired Sicilian chefs and Italian-American people to work for his restaurant, which he named, "Love From A Nonna".

Dedicating the entire outlook of his restaurant to his grandmother, Luca opened for business and it was a surprising success, earning him over $4,500 dollars a month, making it $54,000 dollars a year.

Although there were some other Italian restaurants in the vicinity, Luca came up with other ways to stay relevant by coming up with promotions and marketing ideas to lure in new customers.

Some people thought Luca didn't know how to stay in business, but the promotions worked and he was able to keep up.

He would update the look and the style of the restaurant for the past, checks notes, 15 years, but one day, he meets two very talented chefs named Brian Tsao and Esther Choi.

They both adored Luca for his approach to cooking and his family's history in the restaurant industry, including his nonna's involvement in the legacy as they once met up for a Brooklyn's cook-off, where Esther would win out occasionally by never wasting any ingredients she uses in her Korean style dishes.

Feeling comfortable around Esther for her passion for cooking and the optimism she brings to the situation is what made her so special in his eyes.

Then, on another day, while looking for fresh ingredients at the local farmer's market, Luca would bump into Esther, who tried to charm her however he could, but, for some reason, Choi would laugh it off.

Feeling pretty upset about it, Luca goes home and eats his dinner alone while looking at a picture frame of his nonna, who inspired him to become a great cook.

The next day, Luca closed his restaurant to take a stroll around Brooklyn, where he visited Esther's restaurant "mokbar".

Having no clue of his arrival, Esther stopped what she was doing and the two began to talk about what happened the day before. Apologizing for his behavior, Luca would address it in a very polite manner and would explain why it upset him.

Esther would feel bad and say that it was her fault for laughing off his jokes and everything, but she starts to fall in love with Luca. How does he react to her feelings?