Chapter 3

"There are far too many silent sufferers. Not because they don't yearn to reach out, but because they've tried and found no one who cares." By: Richelle E. Goodrich

***************************

Chapter 3

Ihesha

Fuck!! I hate surprises.

All my Co-workers were inside the well furnished office. When I entered they began popping champagne bottles and sprinkling God knows what all over me.

No one has ever done such things for me. These extremities were always done for my sister not me. Never while I was growing up or on special occasions such as my birthday. And the first time I got a birthday surprise was when I was robbed of my innocence at the tender age of nine.

So you now see why am so stand-off-ish about surprises. I get horrified and tremble like leaves being battered by the gusty winds of a hurricane. Surprises always rubbed me the wrong way every since that dreadful day.

"Congratulations!" Kianna said as she engulfed me in a hug. She was another network specialist whose been here for just little over a year now. And has been my little chat buddy since I started here.

"Thank you! I can't believe you guys did this all for me." They all gushed at me like it was nothing. I got along well enough with all my colleagues so I wouldn't have to feel left out at any point in time. They made me feel at home here unlike my mother.

We chatted for a few more minutes until the boss said it was time to return to business. They scurried off like lost puppies. One person in particular stayed behind. Mason.

The man has been trying to get me out on a date since my second day here. No matter how many times i've turned him down, the guy just never quits.

"You know am still interested in you right?" He asked in a hushed tone behind my ear. I almost practically jumped out of my clothes . How much surprises can I have in one day.

"And can't you take a hint? I don't date my colleagues. Matter of fact..." I stated moving around to my plush mahogany desk. "Am gonna ask you to excuse me. I have a job to do. One that is much more complicated than my usual."

He just shrugged me off as if I were the dust on his shoes. "I will get you to say yes. By the hook or the crook."

I merely smirked at the poor guy. "That won't be necessary cause a little guy is cooking up a storm in here." Smiling I circled my hand over my still flat tummy.

If Mason could sink at the moment he caught on to what I was saying he probably would.

"You can't be serious?" He questioned in disbelief. Anger flashed in his eyes and I wonder what that was about.

"I am. Now shush. And close the door on your way out thank you." He left looking like someone who just had their dreams crushed. I could careless right now I had to think about this child inside of me.

My office was not what I was expecting as I took the time to observe it. It had a small glass table to the left side with a tablet, laptop, extra hard drive and a few more electronics. To my right was a filing cabinet and another table with a coffee maker. The floor to ceiling glass wall showed a little piece of the city. A wall fan hanged just above my tan leather seat. Was it really necessary though? No. Air conditioners were already in the room. Anyways I stocked my things on the shelf just beside the cabinet.

Taking a good look at the coffee maker I sighed. Nice! Thank god for that machine. Now I won't have to rush for coffee in the morning.

The rest of the day went by smoothly. With me having to deal with a lot of paper work brought in by my workers now that am the head of IT. It was hectic. My first day as head and am loaded with paper work. I was dying for the day to end.

By the time 5 o'clock came around I had signed and finished some important papers. I hadn't even got around to making that appointment with an obstetrician. I'll just have to do that tomorrow before I get here.

Eventually I was on my way out of the building. At the entrance I bumped into something. Or rather someone, with a really solid physique if it wasn't a wall.

The person used an arm to steady me. Looking up I wish I hadn't. There stood the undeniably attractive man that got me pregnant in all his glory and smiling at that. Oh how I wish I could slap it off his face. His smile turned my knees to jello. He looked so hot in his ripped jeans and leather jacket. All I want to do is jump his bones but I contained myself.

"Hey, I know you? We met at a bar about a month ago I think. Am I right?" The gorgeous specimen in front of me uttered.

"Yes we did. Only to find out you knocked me up. How about that? I answered vehemently harsh.

Instantly his eyes bulges out and his mouth hang agape.

"W-What are you talking about?" He probed in a somewhat stuttered manner. The firm grip he had on my upper arm only intensified as if he was going to shake the life out of me.

"Am positive you heard me. Let me go I must be on my way." I tried to release my arm but to no avail.

He just stood there shell shocked. His handsome face scrunched in a deep frown. But his hold on me never loosened and my poor hand was crying out for help. Tears were now beginning to form in my eyes because of the writhing pain in my arm.

"Let go of me!" I screamed and this seem to snap him out of his daze. I took off down the street sobbing and my belly growling for food. The courage to look back was not in me so I continued until I reached my home.

Home sweet home!

*~*~*~*~*~*

Thanks for reading as always.

Hello readers how are you doing? 

Here is a chapter update for you guys. I hope you like it.

How do you think the situation is going to unfold from here?

Let me know in your comments.

Remember to vote, comment and share with your friends.

Xoxo!!!

-Davianba